• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

who lives in Birmingham?

not much to do in birmingam.

mcwayne center is pretty cool... the zoo..... civil rights museum... lots of shopping.

Keep it coming, ^ this is the type stuff we are looking for. Outdoor stuff is cool too.

I lived there for about 3 years before moving to North Alabama. Here are some pointers from my experience.

If you like BBQ, go to Saw's BBQ in Homewood(Just south of downtown). Paual Dean rated it as the top BBQ place in the South!

Shopping wise there is the Summit, which is SE of Birmingham, town called Inverness. Good shopping for the Female types

SPEC Clutch is just outside of Birmingham as well.

Bass Pro Shop is about 20 mins from Downtown B-ham towards ATL on i-20.

If you all were to live there what areas would be the "good" areas to live in (within a 20 minute commute to Irondale)?

Birmingham itself has never really screamed "Come here!" to me.

I went there two weeks ago to pick up my Deaver leaf springs from a guy who works at Blue Torch Fab and what I saw of B-ham was kind of a dump. I've been to Leeds and Trussville a number of times, they're smaller country towns but pretty nice. Pell City is nice too and right on the water of lake Logan Martin.

If you're planning on moving there, Choccolocco in Jacksonville and Morris Mountain in Heflin are the closest wheeling spots to you then you have several up north. And I'm right over the GA state line, so that is a bonus.

I lived in Gardendale. Its about 10 mins from Downtown and about 15 from Irondale. Birmingham proper is run down, but some places are coming back........

Trussville is not too bad, but its not too far from some older run down neighborhoods that have high crime

Gardendale was great for me and my family. Its small town feeling with amenities. Schools are good(not awesome, but pretty good), everybody knows everybody, 10mins north is open country, 10 mins south your in downtown.

In all actuality, anywhere around Birmingham would be doable, except for Birmingham itself.

also barber motorsports park is there... go tour the museum. I have never lived in Birmingham but i know alot of folks like the gardendale area.

Lots of wheeling in the area. Gardendale has a really good trail system that has been around forever.

We are going to do a couple things for the little one and do a lot of exploring of areas.

If you like BBQ, go to Saw's BBQ in Homewood(Just south of downtown). Paual Dean rated it as the top BBQ place in the South!

We ate here, it was ok. Stupid packed we got lucky some people were getting up when we came in so we got a table.

Heather aka Kudzu lives near there IIRC.

Back