• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which heep do i sell?

buzxj

NAXJA Forum User
So I have a big decision to make, one of the heeps has got to go! I have a 90 xj that I've put tons of hours into, a 95 xj with a busted water pump and belt, also needs new u joints and bearings on front axle, cracked manifold, both have three inch lifts. The local garage said they would give me the $150 that a junkyard would give me for the 95, worth so much more, even though the majority of the floor boards have been replaced and it has 212,000 on it. My other heep is a 97 zj grand cherokee with 190,000 v8, needs water pump, shocks, rear axle needs wheel bearings and pinion bearings?? Which one do I get rid of, and what is a fair price? Oh yeah, and I drive 50 mi a day round trip, just bought the wife a toyota highlander, and can't afford a new jeep. Any advice? Buz

Keep the 95XJ... newer and a 4.0 H.O. Part out the other 2... RIGHT HERE IN FOR SALE!!! don't junk em.

Use any parts you can off of both to make the 95 best.

That's what I'd do...

You should list out all the MODS on each. I can bet you'll make WAY MORE than $150 parting out the other 2, probably on a couple parts alone. Especially if the trans are good and motors,axles, gears, etc...

The 90 will always be the most reliable and best gas mileage. GO RENIX.

Rocketman said:
Go RENIX... give me a break!!

I get 17-19 mpg on 35's, and can drive 75 mph towing my trailer. Whats there to gain from an HO, other than worse economy, about the same torque and a few more HP? Oh yeah, less reliability and higher insurance rates. ;)

Back