• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's the better year XJ to build

I would look for the least rusted out one I could find.
XJ is a unibody, makes sense to start out w/ a generally rust free one.
Coils, aw4 and the likes, not as big of a problem as rotted out rockers.
Imo.

I would look for the least rusted out one I could find.
XJ is a unibody, makes sense to start out w/ a generally rust free one.
Coils, aw4 and the likes, not as big of a problem as rotted out rockers.
Imo.

I agree because bodywork is a b, especailly on the XJs. To be done right it takes a certain level of patience I simply dont have. On my 93 the rockers are just beat to crap. I was planning to cut the rockers out and replace with rectangular steel regardless of which one though. Both have rusted rear quaters, the 93 is worse, the 01s in minimal but the whole rear is getting chopped in either case. The 01 overall isnt bad, no major body damage, the roof oxidized, but it was in Wisconson most of its life and some bolts are fn frozen on.

I had debated on the AX-15, I prefer manuals but after driving my CJ on the trails vs the XJ. I've grown to appreciate having an auto at times. Always a bitch when you find yourself wishing you had a 3rd leg...... That's what she said

Handbrake!
Hand throttle

I agree because bodywork is a b, especailly on the XJs. To be done right it takes a certain level of patience I simply dont have. On my 93 the rockers are just beat to crap. I was planning to cut the rockers out and replace with rectangular steel regardless of which one though. Both have rusted rear quaters, the 93 is worse, the 01s in minimal but the whole rear is getting chopped in either case. The 01 overall isnt bad, no major body damage, the roof oxidized, but it was in Wisconson most of its life and some bolts are fn frozen on.

Before you do this, contact me. I found a quick and good way to do this with a minimum of effort.

Before you do this, contact me. I found a quick and good way to do this with a minimum of effort.

Are you referencing the rockers or.....?

Back