• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What To Do

dktool

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have 2 hockey pucks per side but now with 33" x 10.5" in place of the previous 31"s I need to increase the stops.
Fenders have been trimmed, pinch seam flattened and I raised the flares to eliminate the carnage I had on the first flex test with these tires on Cleghorn.

The main rub point now is the inner rear area of the fender well, is that an area that could be "re-shaped" BFH style for additional clearance ?

Should I:
A) add another puck (ugh)
B) remove the pucks and bolt in a 3" aluminum stop
C) remove the pucks and install an extended upper stop.
D) Leave it as is and let tire use the rear area of the fender well as a stop?

I have the small diameter upper stops, 1.250 groove diameter with an O.D. of 1.565 which are 3.050 overall length.

Where do the red accordion looking lower bumps I have seen pic of come from, can't seem to find those.
Is that a good option ?

FYI The front springs are Fat Bob Garage 3" which actually yielded a little more than 3" lift.
Stock short arms with the lowers cut in half, extended to 16-1/4" and re-welded with an angle for clearance at the front mounts. They have held up very well using Moog bushings.

This is too much hunt and peck typing for me, I need a beer !

you can use a BFH on the rear part of the front inner fenders. but thatll only do so much. just gotta kind of live with that rubbing

Red things are prothane coil inserts. If you are using the stock bumps, consider the prothanes or leave the pucks and go daystar (oe equiv.) extended bumps. With the prothanes, they are progressive so you prob want 5 or more coils/rings. Can't remember how they sell them.
Look at builds with a similar tire size and see what they are using. Lift doesn't matter Bc it's the comression you're comparing. Good thread to check out Is MaxxXJ. Not sure if he has updated his thread but his works good.

Just add a puck, i think i'm at 4 or 5 now for 35s on 4.5 inches.

Yeah I have 4" lower and extended daystar uppers and I rub a little at that same spot at full lock and bound up with 35"s. It has about 4" of up travel before contacting the bump stops. About 1" before bottoming out the 12" shocks. I run long arms with 4.5" ish lift. It looks kinda crazy when you see that much bump stop, but it works really well

Back