• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you have left to do/fix before Co Fest

eflores

NAXJA Forum User
I know its kind of hard to think about Co Fest with the impending doom of the fires all around us but i keep thinking of my list of things to do.
I'll Start here's my list

Tow Rig:
Check valve lash....been two years
Fix leaking Right inside tire
Mount Front tires
Change oil
Replace Stereo< optional
Replace Warped Rear Drum and Adjust Brakes

Jeep:
Finish Rear Stretch leaves
more tube if i have time
Order and install Hydro Assist ram
Finish mounting for spare tire
Fix idle issue
more stereo< optional

I gotta get tank shield, quick discos and I am hoping this noise in the driveline is front shaft u joint related. Bad part is I'm super broke so. May come down and try to hitch a ride in one of you guys jeep for offlroading lol.

I need to finish my teardrop offroad trailer. Money is the biggest issue. :(

finished rear stretch today, will probably get a drive shaft lengthened tomorrow
threw the spare up where it goes and started brain storming as well as the high lift.
ordered my hydro ram and stuff
started bouncing stereo ideas off paul....more to come
CIMG0146.jpg

CIMG0145.jpg

Last edited:
Dammit Flores!!! You have me looking at my spare carrier even harder now. I went to the jy to find a front with matching gears, found-em. I find out Fourth of July is half-price day, nice!

Just when I thought I'm getting off cheap...

picture.php

I blame YOU!!! :D

IT wasn't me i didnt do it.

On a serious note, i did fix my idle issue
turns out if i just have a little patience and dont drink beer while i wrench that im still a pretty good tech.
Found a couple sensors bad. TPS would not go over 33% throttle even at WOT
Replaced that, did the math to set it (thanks mike for the Renix FI manual) and took it for a drive
Ran great but the scan tool said it was still not going into closed loop mode
Figured Out that my O2 Sensor was Bad...now the jeep will squeel the tires and im sure it will get better Fuel economy
AND im pretty sure led will be happy i dont have to keep it idling all the time any more while we wheel

Got the oil change/PM done
adjusted my valves and set idle speed
Truck is back to running like a raped ape..i think thats enough for today:cheers:

and i re-upped stayin red ooh ya

Last edited:
got the tires and brakes done on the tow rig, also fixed my air ride in the rear.
Found a bad ball joint on the front of the dodge so itll get one of those while i do shocks, then an alignment

Hydro ram should be here today and ill pickup my box from Old Man saturday

knockin stuff out....16 more days

Looks good man, did you tie it into the pinch rails/rain gutters at all?

Gotta figure out why mine shimmies all over the damn road since putting 32's on. It was a little grumpy on 235's but not like this. No DW at least. I need a track bar and motor mounts for sure. Got Frank's sliders on today, mostly. Need to bolt the pinch seams still.

Only issue I had with those 32's was a wobble at 40-45mph, but it does that with the Krawlers too so I'm not even sure if its the tires.

FWIW, I found those things rode best at around 25-27psi.

And wait a minute, do people even go to COFest anymore? I thought it was an urban myth or something. :D

We do if events allow us to. Since my mother's safely enconsed in an assisted living facility, that shouldn't be an issue this year. Currently, both jeeps work well enough to make the trip.

The 90:

Tune-up(I think it's been a few years)
Fluids, check, change as needed.
Inspect rear brakes, replace or adjust.
Find leak in air system.
Fix dash.
Change rear leafs.
Fix rear wiper.
A lot of other stuff I don't have the time or money for.

The 97: Techniquely Zac's responsibility, but he's not too motivated.

Fluids, check, change as needed.
Replace his rear leafs with my old ones.
Fan belt.

The M-416:

Change mounts for roof top tent.
Put on roof top tent.
Finish fenders, and make mount for propane tank.
Get camping gear back into order, and pack.
Lots more stuff I don't have time or money for.

And wait a minute, do people even go to COFest anymore? I thought it was an urban myth or something. :D

LIES ALL LIES!

well minor set backs today
ordered too big od a steering ram
ordered a new one
bent the snot out of my trans cross member
need to order a new one

What size did you order?

Think i might come out just to watch and take pics Saturday. would depend if i had a ride on the trail. Might run the dodge if i can't hitch one from staging area.

Only issue I had with those 32's was a wobble at 40-45mph, but it does that with the Krawlers too so I'm not even sure if its the tires.

FWIW, I found those things rode best at around 25-27psi.

Yep, right about 45mph. Changed the blown out driver's side motor mount today and the shimmy is reduced by about half. The passenger mount looks pretty saggy too, so I'll change that and the TB and see what it does.

I gotta see if I can even come first, but otherwise:

Motor mounts, manifold gaskets, weld on front truss, make rear truss, Front frame stiffners, transfercase shifter linkage, install e breaks, and maybe bumpstop more for the maybe 37s.

Back