• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted 12 or 13" travel shocks

dandecicco

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry guys, for some reason I cannot post in the for sale section. I probably do not visit enough. So if you could move this Bryan, feel free.

Anyway, anyone have some 12" or 13" travel shocks (eye to eye) laying around? I am working on my suspension on the FJ40 and any old pair will do until I can get things dialed in and replace them with some new belsteins.
Shipping would be to Lemoore, CA 93245 or I can pick them up in Fresno or Visalia, or have a buddy pick them up in Stockton or Modesto.

Thanks, Dan

I have a collection of old shocks, some 12" and some 10". Do you need them for the front or rear?

Ben H said:
I have a collection of old shocks, some 12" and some 10". Do you need them for the front or rear?

Actually they are for my Land Cruiser (FJ40). Any type of eye to eye shock will work so if I recall, the rear shocks are what I need form an XJ. Not the front ones with the bottom eye and top threaded bolt.

But I'll take two of your 12"ers. PM me on how you want to be paid. Shipping will be to Lemoore, CA 93245.

Thanks much.

I dont know if I have 12" with eyes on both ends, I will have to look. You can have them if they are 12", I am only about 35 minutes from lemoore.

Ben H said:
I dont know if I have 12" with eyes on both ends, I will have to look. You can have them if they are 12", I am only about 35 minutes from lemoore.

Fantastic. Where are you? If you have some, I'll stop by and get them from you.
Thanks, Dan

Edit: Not a big deal if it has the threaded head on it. I can cut off the eyes off my old shocks and yours and weld on what I need so that it works on my rig. So I'll take them.

Last edited:
Thanks to Ben, I was given a nice set of 12" travel shocks. They were set up for the front of an XJ so I had to cut off an old set of shock eyes and weld them to the base of the top of the shocks to work with the Cruiser. Worked like a champ and perfect size.

Thanks again Ben!

Back