• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want to buy a streetable built xj

Gtownfisher

NAXJA Forum User
Hi there I am a newbie. Been reading posts for some time and decided it's time to become a member. We are looking for a nicely built streetable xj for my wife. I have a rig now but tired of her driving it so it's time she gets her own. Must be clean and low mileage. 5 speed preferred but not a deal breaker. We are located in georgetown ca. If you have one you would like to sell you can call or text me at 916-223-1377. Thank you in advance for any help.

Hi there I am a newbie. Been reading posts for some time and decided it's time to become a member. We are looking for a nicely built streetable xj for my wife. I have a rig now but tired of her driving it so it's time she gets her own. Must be clean and low mileage. 5 speed preferred but not a deal breaker. We are located in georgetown ca. If you have one you would like to sell you can call or text me at 916-223-1377. Thank you in advance for any help.

Keep an eye on Craigslist. If you have any questions about a particular XJ post up the ad and someone will help you out.

Yes pm sent. The black Betty xj a few posts down is my wife's dream jeep. I have looking on craigslist too. Thank you for all your help so far.

If you are patient you will find a very nice jeep. I had gotten a guy on CL down from 8500 to 7200( for a buddy) for a super clean, low mileage-150K- 1996 XJ with long arms, 35s, built axles - geared with selectables and chromos and more , tire bumper, winch bumper , winch, sliders, currie steering, tons and tons more AND and ATLAS 4.3:1 2 speed t case . It only just sold recently. Keeps your eyes on CL and you will find one.

You will have posis of you wheel a lot. I hated them. You will swap them for lockers and it won't be cheap, 1300$ i bet for a couple of full case lockers and master install kits . What rear end? I would price it at 3500 to 4500 since its late model

It's a 8.25 rear end Dana 30 front. Detroit lockers I believe with chromoly shafts. Man i cant thank you guys enough!! I was going down there w 9k cash. Sure am glad I decided to join. Saving me money already.

he listed it with LSD front and rear, not detroits. those are not lockers , they are LSD, I've read that add multiple times in the last week before thou posted it and I am very familiar with that one. I would hesitate on anything over 3500$ personally, since you will spend a grip of cash on putting in real lockers or buying better axles. really there is not much special with that rig, cheap crap shocks, a newer rebuilt motor which only means it runs as it should run ,duratracs are not very desirable tires, stock front bumper , no winch. I mean if you fall in love with it for some reason maybe 4k$. much higher than that and he is smoking crack.

14K? holy crap, whatever drugs he is on must work good to make him that delusional.

3.75" back spaced wheels WITH 2" spacers! Holy crap, probably eats ball joint or unit bearing every week

with 3.75" BS there is no need for 2" spacers!

For referance if you are in the 9k range you can get something real nice. You are in the ballpark of my new rig. It has a 4.5L hesco stroker, ruffstuff 9 inch rear, dana 44 front, beadlocks, 35" mtr all with 100 miles on the build.

Jon and i found some built rigs in the 7 to 8 range with long arms and atlas. Be patient and when you find one throw down for a paid membership and help us keep the trails open.

Either way come down to the Prairie City toys for tots run on the 22. Check out the rigs get a ride, ask questions and meet some great people

Back