• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

uhaul hitch connector wiring help '91-'96

crunked

NAXJA Forum User
i wrestled a 2" hitch off an xj at the junkyard for 20 bucks yesterday, got the wiring harness and bolts too. got the hitch mounted up without too much trouble, then remembered that the xj has the 3 wire system. the wiring i got is uhaul brand with a 6 wire loom. the green wire went to the pass side if the junk jeep. the rest went behind the taillight. i have the factory wire stubs from the drivers side but didnt look where the wire that wen to the pass side goes. i think this may be the uhaul plug for 3 wire systems but im not sure. anybody have one of these uhaul plugs?

~sm

94xj, 2" bb, kumho mt's

The UHaul wire harness is overly complicated. Just go to a hitch website or local store and get a fully plug in, XJ specific, tow wire harness for about $20. Plug and play. Hoppy is one brand name.

The green may be the ground wire.

Hoppy#42455 Plugs in behind drivers side rear panel,removing spare tire and panles were a bigger pain that hooking up the wires. Plug & Play
Wayne

Back