• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tube strength for center limit strap attachment ?

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I am planning on running a cross brace from what I left of the old track mount section to the passenger side rail use the factory mount plus tie into the frame plate. The old mount is tied into the back side of the new mount, so I want to use this cross tube as a track bar brace and a place easily mount a center limit strap.. My question is not of the brace that is straight forward , but rather if a 1-1/2 or 1-3/4 tube length of roughly 3 feet with no support in the middle is up to holding the axle as a limit strap attachment without bending ?

I guess if it does bend it will only bow down with no harm but I'd like to know the thoughts here and also use the smallest tube possible.

I don’t see why it would be an issue. With as heavy as your rig is already, why not run a ticket natural for that brace? Pretty much all the buggies today ran it that way without issue. But they were little guys driving slow.

Back