• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

True Hi-9

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
http://www.truehi9.com/

look at the pictures of the rig in the rocks...
todd1.jpg

check them lift blocks and axle wrap...
id say the need for a HP 9" shouldnt be on the top of his list...

Looking at the forward spring mount, I wonder if that is intended to pivot, thereby releiving some of the torsional loading of the leaves during axle articulation?

Lawn Cher' said:
Looking at the forward spring mount, I wonder if that is intended to pivot, thereby releiving some of the torsional loading of the leaves during axle articulation?

looks like its built for side to side flex articulation...

and yes - he is wheeling and im stuck here working on my junk and studying for finals...

During parent/teacher conferences, I was chatting with a dad about 4X4. He has a HUGE Ford F350 that's silly jacked. Like most of the trucks in the area I teach, they like monster lift, semi big tires. I don't think they do any offroading. I know he doesn't. I checked out his truck. The blocks were probably 10". I don't know enough about the technical side of the XJ geometry. Do those blocks inhibit articulation, wear out springs sooner, promote axle wrap? I know it's gay b/c it raises the COG too much but what else? He was making fun of my low rider with 3" and 31's. I kept thinking...yeah...you're 10" taller than me but my kid's not in a Behavior Disorder classroom.

red91inWA said:
What the PHHHHTTT... sound, or that lite gurgling that sounds like water bubbling ?
I think he's talking about all the sirens that keep getting louder and louder and louder....

Damn hippies...

:laugh3:

riverfever said:
During parent/teacher conferences, I was chatting with a dad about 4X4. He has a HUGE Ford F350 that's silly jacked. Like most of the trucks in the area I teach, they like monster lift, semi big tires. I don't think they do any offroading. I know he doesn't. I checked out his truck. The blocks were probably 10". I don't know enough about the technical side of the XJ geometry. Do those blocks inhibit articulation, wear out springs sooner, promote axle wrap? I know it's gay b/c it raises the COG too much but what else? He was making fun of my low rider with 3" and 31's. I kept thinking...yeah...you're 10" taller than me but my kid's not in a Behavior Disorder classroom.

Hey Einstein;

Look up 'lever' in some science book...

I was a behavior disorder kid, grew up in a world that was purported to be normal. Who Lied and who's making shit up?

If you have issues with your low rider XJ, you have some other issues too...

Feel at peace by knowing your 'lowrider' junk is in order... Assume that those fools with high blocks are inviting all sorts of mechanical devils, of which they may be clueless. I've only had chance to scrutinize two "BIG" SuperDutys: One of them lacked a front driveshaft, and the other had a bling braided stainless front brake line chafed to the OMG!!! :eek: point. If they're having fun with it, IDGAF... but I habitually avoid them in traffic, and in person...

Life's too short as it is...Why crowd the schedule with morons?

Woody

Last edited:
woody said:
Hey Einstein;

Look up 'lever' in some science book...

I was a behavior disorder kid, grew up in a world that was purported to be normal. Who Lied and who's making shit up?

If you have issues with your low rider XJ, you have some other issues too...

Feel at peace by knowing your 'lowrider' junk is in order... Assume that those fools with high blocks are inviting all sorts of mechanical devils, of which they may be clueless. I've only had chance to scrutinize two "BIG" SuperDutys: One of them lacked a front driveshaft, and the other had a bling braided stainless front brake line chafed to the OMG!!! :eek: point. If they're having fun with it, IDGAF... but I habitually avoid them in traffic, and in person...

Life's too short as it is...Why crowd the schedule with morons?

Woody

Maybe I'm not reading this right but...who IS making up shit?
I never said I thought my XJ was junk. It's way more than I need. I'm confused by your reply.

Well...there are more "problem children" now than ever before. Obviously, I think it's great b/c it's job security. I really meant it as a joke but I'm sorry if it offended anyone. I wouldn't choose to work in a job where I routinely get spit on, kicked, punched, bit and come home bloody if I didn't love what I do. However, you really didn't answer my question. Atleast I don't think.

"Junk" In my lexicon is something that you can wheel without busting a lease agreement or getting date-raped, or something... Everytime I pull the lever into 4-low in my "junk" surprising things are happening, and there is usually is fun being had. :dunno:

"Junk" isn't a derogatory term to me. In other words, I trust & love my junk more than I trust & love most humans.

Last edited:
Back