• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRANSMISSION***

jeepz

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo H.O. with an automatic transmission in it, the transmission seems to be starting in second gear when at a complete stop and it has no power off the line, but when i put it down into 1-2 gear it works fine and has plenty of power, it also doesnt downshift when i put the petal to the floor, i have changed the throttle postioning sensor, adjusted the tv linkage and even tried another transmission control unit, none of these worked...... any ideas

no it doesnt ever stall it just starts off really slow when at a complete stop then it seems like it all the sudden kicks in and goes, when i put it to the floor it doesnt downshift like it should, burned clutch pack, even tho its automatic

would that cause it not to down shift, when i put it to the floor... but keep in mind that it works correctly when i put it in 1-2 gear manually, it just starts off real slow when i dont its like something is holding it back, probably because it starts in 2nd gear... but no stalling

I have a 93 that did the same thing to me. It was after I went to the local landfill. It was really muddy and nasty and I had a hard time backing in with my trailer. I had "Mud." If you could call it mud, from the landfill all over everything. On the way home I noticed your exact problems. Something just didn't seem right and when I got home I could really smell something burning. I looked it over good, checked the fluid level, and made sure that everything looked good. I couldn't find anything wrong. I drove it around some more and the problem seemed to go away gradually. The only thing that I can figure is that I got a whole bunch of "mud" in my brakes that made them drag for a while.

Back