• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfer case shifter

jeepnuts311

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

my new jeep was born 2wd, we have swapped over the lift, transmission, t-case, axles etc on to the new jeep, but we need a better way to shift the t-case rather than channel-locks

the only options we have come up with so far are

A, the stock shifter from the donor 4x4....its too complicated, and not worth it to retro-fit, since i dont think the "Z" design is any good anyways. you have a floor plate and a little bracket to remove/rivet in place..

B, novaks shifter, but its like $100+

we are thinking of a way to make a simple shifter that can be covered by a shiftboot and work consistently. reliability is more important than beauty.

-Tim

using donor parts shouldn't be hard.

Did you happen to get the shifter mounting bracket that goes on the tcase? I'm going to use that to make something like the novak shifter.

Right now I have the access panel out and a scrap piece of aluminum bolted to the shifter arm. Which works, but makes it a little noisey inside and water tends to splash up inside the car!

Back