• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny and an 8.8 swap!!!

xjintrevor

NAXJA Forum User
so a blew up more then my tranny add a 35 to the list i will be swapping in a 8.8 hopfully friday if i have the tranny done!! any tips or tricks withh be helpful!!! thanks!

trevor

keep your d35 handy to take measurements from, also used a axle instal kit with new shockmounts and spring pads. it'll be a lot easier and stronger than grinding thrm off your old axle for use on the new one. also make sure the yoke that attaches to the driveshaft is from a ranger (mainly 2wd or 4cyl models) as they use the same u-joint thats on the cherokees. i accidentally grabbed an explorer one and while the cup diameter is the same, the crosspin on the explorer is wider. as a temp fix i stacked 3 quarters between the cup and retaining clip on each side. holds them in good, but i wouldn't use it on something you plan on driving a lot, especially offroad.

i actually got one off of a expolder too so i can i get one off of a 4 banger ranger and the u joint will fit inside of that too and i already used the d35 brackets should i use them and add a suport of sometype until i have the money to get the new brackets??

Back