• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trade: '66 C10 for mechanical build of my '91 MJ....

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Putting this out there for consideration.....

Willing to trade my '66 C10 GMC project for the labor to tear down and build up my '91 Comanche.

GMC details can be found here: https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/1966-gmc-10-short-bed-step/6612134577.html

Basically, I have a completely original, stock '91 Eliminator with 280K miles and the drivetrain is shot. It will run and drive, but has a bad lifter or valve. I want to replace the drivetrain with the parts I've been acquiring over the past several years. I want to lift it and make it a mild trail rig.

-Remove Replace engine, trans, t-case (I have all the bits for this)

-Install 4.5" lift kit - drop brackets, short arms, ACOS, shocks, rear D44 SOA, rear shackles, ream knuckles and install 1-ton OTK steering set up, RE HD track bar and bracket, brake lines, and other minor lift required work. (I have all the bits for this.)

-Re-gear D30 and D44 to 4:56 and rear locker (I don't have these parts - as part of the deal, the builder would absorb the parts cost for gear sets, rear carrier, Spartan locker or similar, and install kits). Front axle has new ball joints, good shafts/joints and good brake components. Rear will have good brake components. Both will have armored diff covers as well. Would want the D30 trussed and track bar mount raised. (Builder absorbs cost of truss and raised track bar mount - maybe Artec kit?) Would want D44 tubes welded to the carrier and install rear shock mounts (shock mounts I have).

-Install front and rear custom bumpers (rear will require sheet metal cutting of the rear quarters at a diagonal - pre-runner kind of bumper) and custom sliders - all bolt on, no welding needed. I have everything needed for these.

-Install '98 front clip sheet metal (fenders, header panel, headlight harness modification) I have all these parts but harness will be cut and splice work.

-Patch floor board rust, either piece work, or partial floor pan replacement, both driver and passenger floors, nothing massive, but it's developed a few holes. I do not have floor pan replacement panels.

-Must be open to communicate with me on the build and reasonably flexible to negotiate any additional work needing done to get it street-worthy as an end goal.

I value the C10 between $3K-$4K as it is. Straight trade, truck for build.

I need and expect the builder to be above average in XJ/MJ knowledge and consult me when things are in question.

I would expect axles and steering to be painted when installed.
Bumpers/sliders would need to be installed then removed so I can have them powder coated, then re-installed. I do not expect paint or body work other than the front clip install and floor boards.

If this interests you, or you know of someone/a shop that may be interested, let me know.

Okay...... but don't say I didn't warn you.

Back