• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar fail

JXPEEJ

NAXJA Forum User
This is (was) my kids jeep till this weekend.

IMAG0383.jpg
IMAG0384.jpg
IMAG0386.jpg

What broke first..the track bar...or the bird <POOPIE> weld on the lower bracket?]

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn hope yer kids ok man. scary stuff. Looks like the steering was fighting itself for a while? sucks man. anything salvagable?

fwiw, i wasnt asking if anythign was salvagable to buy, moreso to see if ya have stuff to swap onto a new one :cheers:

Damn hope yer kids ok man. scary stuff. Looks like the steering was fighting itself for a while? sucks man. anything salvagable?

Kid's alright. Yeah he was driving it with both diff housings bent and I'm sure he never set the toe. The hatch is still good....maybe the trans.

LOL. It's all good. didnt want to rub anyone wrong by appearing to tae advantage of your bad times. :thumbup:

I would guess trackbar failure was not at fault here. Loose bolts, impact induced damage, damaged links, etc.

I'm glad to hear he walked away from this one.

The more I look at it..I'm sure the weld broke first on the lower bracket

Agreed.

The OEM lower control arm brackets leave a lot to be desired, especially when you start beating on them with rocks.

Glad he's safe, now he's *really* got a project!

He just hit a bunch of dirt and bushes and stuff...he was on a graded dirt road. I think that was his home made bracket with sub optimal welds.

Back