• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Towing the XJ

soilman

NAXJA Forum User
hey, I have a 2001 XJ that I am looking at towing behind my wagon on a cross country move. But I'm coming up short on finding the right set up for the tow bar. Does anyone know if there is a all in one set up I can bolt on? or would it better to get a custom bumper with the tow rings already mounted. If anyone has set up their XJ to be towed I would sure like to hear about it.

Thanks.

Tomken has a good combo tow bar and tow hooks setup.

I may try to sell the old Jeep. She's a good one but has the normal "Issues" that a 2001 XJ with 197,000 miles. Nothing that would stop me from driving across country in it. Just would prefer not to.

I may try to sell the old Jeep. She's a good one but has the normal "Issues" that a 2001 XJ with 197,000 miles. Nothing that would stop me from driving across country in it. Just would prefer not to.

If its from the south you should keep it.

Shove it in a flat rate box n mail it. :D

Cheese "if it fits, it ships" Man

Put the case in N and go on about your day.

depends on the case.

and I don't trust thepiece of shit linkage to not move, or the worn out fork to not engange.
for the trouble of the 4 bolts holding a u joint on and chucking the shaft in the back, I'd be certain nothing bad happened and pull the rear shaft.

depends on the case.

and I don't trust thepiece of shit linkage to not move, or the worn out fork to not engange.

At least on the ones I have run from the Renix era, when the tcase is in neutral, it is disco'd from the engine but it connects the front and rear driveshafts. That is why you can flat tow in neutral but when you put the front wheels on a dolly, it wants to turn the front wheels. I dolly towed for years.

Back