• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torque Pro App

Been using it for a while now. Bought the app and a $20 adapter off ebay or Amazon. Doesn't do mileage and power without vehicle weight (never weighed my junk without the trailer hooked up), but it has been pretty handy otherwise, and I know about what my mileage is, just from having watched it for so long. Use it to read and clear codes on my friends'/relatives' cars, GPS speedo, all the basic sensor info, compass, coordinates, various other stupid things... For ~$25 total, it's hard to complain.

Been using it for a while now. Bought the app and a $20 adapter off ebay or Amazon. Doesn't do mileage and power without vehicle weight (never weighed my junk without the trailer hooked up), but it has been pretty handy otherwise, and I know about what my mileage is, just from having watched it for so long. Use it to read and clear codes on my friends'/relatives' cars, GPS speedo, all the basic sensor info, compass, coordinates, various other stupid things... For ~$25 total, it's hard to complain.

Same. I like it for the novelty and to have a cheapy scanner around.

Worth the cash.

I like it especially for the 'engine status' open/closed loop. I can watch exactly when it goes into open loop.

Been using it on my XJ with a KIWI adapter. It's great for data logging, CEL resets, and to see how far your speedo is off with a different size tire.

Thanks guys!

Heard about it on the Chrysler 200 owner's forum from a guy that uses it in his newer than my XJ C5 Vette and 200 S but wanted to make sure it would work on OBD2 XJ's too before getting anything. I run E-85 in my 200 during warmer weather and would like to try E-20 to E25 (splash blended since there are no blender pumps around here) in my XJ, which ran good on the one tank of E-21 it's seen so far, but would like to know what the computer is seeing when I do. Apparently the programing for the Pentastar/6-Speed Auto Mopars bump the timing a good bit (not sure if it's ignition, cams, or both) and I think our computers bump the ignition timing some for the E-21 judging from the changes in it's sound and behavior in comparison to the typical E-10 we get here in the Chicago Burbs.

You can see timing, vacuum, power/torque/load, and most of the sensor data, in a few different formats. It's so little money, I think it's a no-brainer if you have an android phone (presuming you don't already have a dedicated code reader or OBDII device like the ScanGauge, UltraGauge, etc).

Back