• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Too good not to pass on.

stumpXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to let my NAXJA folks know about this. I know the guy who listed this Jeep for his customer personally, and he is a straight shooter. Great price on an extremely clean, low mileage 2001.

I can be a liaison if someone needs me to be, Daniel's mechanic shop is about 2 miles from my house.

Here is the post, the pics/original thread is listed here:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/82711-2001-Jeep-Cherokee-Sport-GA

Selling this for a customer of ours.

2001 (10-2000) Cherokee Sport.
4.0 Straight Six. Solid engine, runs very well.
Auto, 4wd
106,401 miles.
Michelin LTX M+S 225-70-15s.
Alloy wheels. Tires are very good.

Interior is in great condition. No funny smells.
The exterior is nice. Some scraps, no major ones and no major dents either.
Over all the truck is very clean and well kept. It drives out well, has good tires, stops well, steers well.
As many Cherokees get abused this one is very nice. Not abused and has plenty life still in it.

Truck has...
-Power windows.
-Power mirrors.
-Cloth seats.
-2" receiver with wiring.
-Clean inside. (seats are in excellent condition.)
-Window Glass is all good.

In full disclosure.
-Passenger side mirror has broken glass. Housing is fine.
-Driver side window does not auto stop on roll down. motor works fine.
-A/C needs to be charged and likely needs some work. It has a freon leak.
-Truck was up north for a period. Underside shows it.
However its not terrible. Mainly suspension pieces have surface rust and exhaust.
Body is fine and doesn't show as much wear.

KBB states $4000.
Edmunds states $3100.

Title in hand.
Located in Decatur GA.
Considering mileage and condition.
Asking $3000.

This is not my personal truck. It has been owned and driven by a responsible customer of ours. He bought a Altima from another good customer of ours. He just wanted a small car for DDing. So if your looking for a nice Jeep, this is a solid option.

Cheers Daniel

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
man, I love that color. That would be a nice XJ instead of the green on I have!

phone number and exact location ?

im looking/ready to buy an XJ on friday morning

Last edited:
I want a good XJ, and this is a great candidate, but my title hasn't come in on my car and I cant buy one til my car sells. If my title comes in and I can move my car quickly Ill have plenty of cash to pick this up. Ill be in touch if anything comes to fruition.

Here is the link to the shop of the guy who is selling it for his customer. Just ask for Daniel, he is the co-owner of Decatur Garage and can answer any questions.

http://www.decaturgarage.com/

Im pretty sure that Chad (01yellowXJ) has already talked to him, and is going to pick it up. Give him a call though. I was just "passing" the info "on" to you guys. Or "sharing" if you prefer. Didnt mean to confuse anyone. :)

~ Stump

yes, I picked it up and got it home.
It does need some work that Im not looking forward to but it will have to get done.

1. Does have the 0331 head
2. AC Freon is leaking out the AC drain tube
3. Check engine light is throwing a vacuum leak code and I have traced it down to behind the dash so when #2 gets done #3 will too.

Back