• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Today I met Fedor...

IMORTL

NAXJA Member #1156
Today I met Fedor…

He happened to be sitting at a café where I work waiting for his lunch. The building maintenance guy saw me come out of the elevator and asked if I like the UCF. I said HELL YEAH! He said Fedor is sitting at the Café. I said Fedor Who? Emelianenko? He said “Yep! Just saw him there.” I said No F’in’ Way and swiftly walked over there. Sure enough, sitting right there where I’ve eaten before. Fedor and 3 other guys.

I walked up and stuck out my hand and thanked him for everything he’s done for MMA throughout his career. His hands were not much bigger than mine but SOLID. It reminded me of my father’s hands who worked construction all his life. He gave a firm handshake but didn’t crush my hand.

I told him I appreciated the entertainment he’s provided me as an MMA fan. I never mentioned the UCF or any of his fights. Then I apologized for interrupting their meeting but still asked if I could have a picture with him. He was more than gracious and one of the guys at the table offer to take the picture. He took one. Then offer to take another without the table and guys in the background. Then offer to take another just in case. – he spoke a few words to Fedor in Russian while we were standing there. Then I thanked him again for his MMA contribution and apologized for interrupting then again just as the lady brought their food.

The second one turned out the best

8BJMG.jpg

I have met, shaken hands and thanked for entertaining me:

Wayne Gretzky at the opening day of an angels day when he still played for the Kings. He was in the suite next to ours sitting with his kids.

Tim Salmon after the Angels they won the world series – he was at the advertising agency with the world series trophy and took a picture with my family

Junior Seau – about 8 years into his career - while eating at his restaurant mid week when it was kind of empty – he walked in and came up to me and my wife’s table and said hi.

Dan Gurney – met him at the Biker stop on Ortega Hwy overlooking Lake Elsinore.

I think this was the first time I was actually excited to meet a ‘celebrity’ or sports star.

Although it was kind of an honor to met Wayne Gretzky.

I didn’t have anyone to tell at work. so I posted it here. J

We're not worthy!!!
we%27re+not+worthy.jpg

Lol and I thought I was doing good with Patrick Roy living up the street from my uncle and Chuck Liddell taking shots of Cuervo with me at the night club/hookah bar I used to run. Fedor is hands down my favorite MMA fighter. What state are you in?

Wow thats cool, sucks that he just lost recently though, and i think that he was most recently with strikeforce, not UFC. When he lost though he didnt make any excuses like some other fighters do, he seems like a great guy.

We're not worthy!!!
we%27re+not+worthy.jpg

Lol and I thought I was doing good with Patrick Roy living up the street from my uncle and Chuck Liddell taking shots of Cuervo with me at the night club/hookah bar I used to run. Fedor is hands down my favorite MMA fighter. What state are you in?

I live in cali
I met him today in Orange Ca

Back