• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires Plus....

ktwalker01

NAXJA Forum User
So I took my rig to tires plus yesterday to get some of my new tires I got wholesale put on, and an alignment. I had to leave to drop my f-150 off and come back. So when I get back I notice the tech lifted the XJ up from under the body seams right on the rocker panel and totally pushed in the floor pans body seams and crush the rocker panels instead of lifting from the "frame" :huh: . I get him to correct it right away and the tires were off the car and wheels already so I had to let him finish. I was in a relatively good mood yesterday so I didn't flip out. (stuff happens)

So now he goes to do the alignment he does it once and just adjusts the draglink and says f it. ( he adjusted the steering wheel so it only turned to the left half a turn..) I explain to him what he has to do and then does the same thing again on the other side and adjusts the tie rod all goofy and then tells me the devil is inside my car and to come back another day. and then another tech brings in what ever car they are working on and begins to align it. I go in and grab the manager and flip.

I had the car lifted back up showed them the huge error the tech made. They proceeded to get super ignorant and defensive (5 Cubans vs me the white guy lol. I'm not racist in anyway but they banded together against me 100%) and dodge the part that the tech lifted the car from the wrong spot and screwed up my rocker panels and floor pans and crushed up my body seams (keep in mind it looks awful from the side) and she keeps telling me rust isn't her problem, and this isn't their fault. Even though after I said I didn't care about the rust that wasn't the point. The tech lifted the car xj from the wrong spot and made huge impressions under my car. But still rust wasn't her problem. Keep in mind in 3 spots the lift pushed holes threw the floor pans too..

She refunded me on the tire mount and balance and the incomplete alignment. I don't know if this is worth pursuing more. The thing that killed me is that I was right and they refused to admit just keep saying rust wasn't their fault (while talking down to me like I was a complete and total moron) I didn't give a crap about that it could have been avoided if the tech understood how to properly lift the damned thing, no tech made that same error in its 206,000 miles of service.

I hate Miami. It's a free for all down here.
Tires Plus
:wstupid:

Last edited:
I understand your pain. Tires Plus up here in MO is pretty good. But what do you really expect for a guy making 8.50 an hour

Call your insurance comany. They will fix your car and go after the shop. This is why you have a montly insurance bill. And take it to the most expensive highest quality shop you can find to do the repairs. You should have. Kicked all 5 of their asses

I am having a good, expensive body shop do a nice estimate for the repairs. I have a good relationship with the guy because I used to work at a shop near him and as a tech he only wanted me to align all his crashed cars, and half the time I would replace the suspension components that were damaged in an accident that would red flag on the alignment rack. Also my boss has a good lawyer friend that said he will take care of this for the fun of it. I have pictures of it when it was sitting on the lift in the wrong spots with everything clearly pushed in. Also they have already admitted fault by refunding the labor and my botched alignment, which tire kingdom right next door did for free yesterday after getting a great laugh at what their amazing competitor had done next door. I tipped the tech 15$

I have a really reserved personality when it comes to getting pissed off but the fact that they stood their and argued with me that rust wasn't their problem went way over my head. I don't care of it was made out of paper mache where they lifted it. The matter of the fact is YOU DON'T LIFT IT FROM THERE, AND HE SCREWED UP MY CAR BIG TIME!!! As a prior tech I remember taking extra care in selecting the best, strongest point before raising a car up some times people would bust my balls about it because I took a few extra steps in double checking, but that was my respect to the car, and customer.

I would have taken it to my old shop that I worked at but they closed doors for business for good on Monday... one day before this happened.

This won't be a fast process but Ill post back in a few weeks when results are being turned. You all, and a bunch of my buddies said yes this is worth pursuing even if its my junky 206,000 mile 99 xj.. but damnit its my car and that's all that matters

Last edited:
TEH DEVIL IS ALL UP INSIDE YOUR CAR!

it is that sweet chilli pepper red.

Update: So I got a phone call from corporate this morning asking me what happened because they intercepted my google review, and associated with the ticket at that location. The district manager could not have been more professional he understood on a vehicle like that only an idiot would lift it from that point. Blasted his employees for treating me the way they did. Already gave me lifetime alignments ( even though they gave up on my alignment... I guess anything outside of a rack and pinion is chinese for todays new techs), and is having a claims rep look at my car tomorrow. Also he already said on the phone the damage they would have caused based off what I said will already be the face value of the xj.. so baam lets see what happens. :puke:

Was this a Tires Plus in Miami or Orlando? I have been to one here in Miami and IT SUCKED!

They basically said they couldn't align my Jeep and make it go straight because it was lifted and I was going to die etc etc.

Miami off sw 132nd and US1

Ill change my city I live in miami in coral gables, I used to live in orlando for school when i joined here. Time for a naxja memebership

Last edited:
Time for a naxja memebership
Hit the nail on the head right there!

I'm glad the CORP is taking care of it. I'd freak if they did that to mine. Looks like it's a perfect time to get some rock sliders too!

What good is lifetime alignments when they can't do them?

Hope it all works out

I expect his boss/supervisor to watch him....

That shits no excuse...
Not trying to excuse anyone or anything, just saying

Back