• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time to sale my Rig

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
The day has finally come that my finances have gotten the best of me. With my wife and I deep into the fertility process we need to make sacrifices to make ends meet and one luxury that must go is my XJ. I definately don't want to sale it, but right now I have a growing credit card filled with medical bills and no way to pay them off. I will post pics when I get home from work. I will be straight forward from the get go about my asking price and my reason behind it. I'm asking $10,000 and with the mods added I feel that's fair. I also need that much to pay off my current bills and deal with upcoming fertility expenses next month. If you don't like my price then don't comment. At this point, I'm not negotiable with my price. If I can find some other form of income to pay off the medical bills then I will lower my price at that point, but I don't see that happening any time soon. Sorry for being so blunt, but I felt it important to be clear from the beginning. I will post it up here first for a few weeks, because I badly want it to stay in the NAXJA family. I will go to craigslist and Jeepforum if I strike out here. Here's the info I typed up ealier:

2000 XJ Classic, 88,000 original miles. Extremely clean in and out for being a wheeler that got used for wheelin. Runs great and has no mechanical issues or needed repairs of any kind. All fluids are up to date and zero maintenance needs to be put into it. It could be used as a Daily Driver/Trail Rig but 35’s and all the armor are gonna be rough on the gas cost. It was my DD for 2 years before I got a commuter car. I added up all my receipts from when I owned it and the ones Skullver gave me and they are over 12k and there is a ton of little things and custom touches, and hours in the garage that are not in there.
Drivetrain:
-4.0 with 4,500 miles on it. (original motor had the faulty 0331 head crack. Replaced with Remaned motor with 06 TJ 0331 Head and a 3 year 100,000 mile -warranty
Rusty’s Throttle body spacer, K&N air intake system, Flowmaster exhaust
-Auto transmission-stock(fluid replaced about 6,000 miles ago)
-242 Transfer case (rebuilt by JeeperJohn with about 200 miles on it) Has Rubicon Express SYE and correct speedo gear
-CV Style drive shafts front and rear built by Banning Driveline with a spare for both front and rear.

Axles:
-Dana 44 TJ Rubicon LP front axle with 4.88’s, warn diff cover, 30 spline chromos, Detroit trutrac, Brand new Timken unit bearings, and brand new carrier bearings and pinion bearing (Installed by Jeeperjohn)
-OTK steering with all new TRE’s, HD tierod and draglink, JeeperJohn custom track bar with heims and HD track bar frame mount. (have spare full traction track bar)
-Dana 44 XJ rear axle with 4.88’s, 33 spline chromos, HD diff cover, Detroit locker, Crown Vic disc brake conversion with ebrake converted to work with factory pull handle.

Supsension:
-Full Traction 6” long arm kit (welded to frame stiffeners)
-8” skyjacker coils up front(which really only net about 7” due to heavy bumper and winch)
-new bushings, rebuilt flex joints/Johnny joints
-1” block out back on top of full traction spring pack to level out ride
-Rancho 9000 adjustables (The new style with 2.5” body)
-Fox Racing Limit Straps
-Custom rear bumpstops
-Extended stainless steel brake lines

Exterior/Armor:
-JCR stage II sliders
-JCR rear quarter guards (welded/boxed in on the ends to wrap around body and increase strength)
-Full Traction underbelly/T-case skid
-Gas Tank Skid plate
-Skullver built front tube bumper with stinger(C-Rock frame mount for bumper & power steering brace)
-Skullver built rear bumper with tire swing and gas can mount.
-Custom Frame stiffeners (plug welded all along unibody)

Wheels:
35” Goodyear MTR Kevlars with about 2,000 miles on them. No rack rash, plugs, or damage of any kind
Full Size 35” MTR spare (old style but with good tread)
15” x 8” ProComp Black Steelies with 3.75” backspacing and 1.5” wheel spacers

Extras:
-Rough Country 9500lb. winch (with universal mount so it can be mounted front or rear)
-Bull Dog quick connect winch hook up front/rear
-Bushwacker Fender Flares
-CSF 3 core Radiator
-High Flow oil pump, High flow water pump (new coolant)
-Electric fan switch in cabin
-Custom Roof rack with offroad driving lights, flood lights, hi-lift jack, and shovel
-Cobra CB and roof mount antenna
-HD tow strap and a big bag of spare trail parts (ujoints, tre's, etc., etc.)

That's all I can think of right now but I'm sure there are more goodies I'm not thinking of.

Last edited:
BTW, the price IS negotiable if I get to keep some of the items. I can sell them later for the difference. (ie: winch & mount, hi-lift, shovel, spare parts, tow straps, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, lights, trail gear bag, gas can carrier, etc.)

Here's some pics:

DSC02321.jpg

DSC02308-1.jpg

DSC02311.jpg

DSC02310.jpg

DSC02309.jpg

DSC01793-1.jpg

DSC02319-1.jpg

Last edited:
More Pics:
DSC02277.jpg

DSC02272.jpg

DSC02276.jpg

DSC02323.jpg

DSC02318.jpg

Wheeling pics:
RubiconTrail237.jpg

RubiconTrail315.jpg

cherokee1.jpg

This is one sweet rig folks, in excellent mechanical condition.

Thanks for the kind words John. I talked things over with my wife last night and she decided she was okay selling her WJ. So I will be puting her WJ on the market as well and whichever one sells first then we will probably keep the other. Assuming she doesn't get pregnant with twins (IVF has a 50 percent chance of twins). If that's the case then both jeeps have to go and something with a 3rd row seat will be needed.

Last edited:
Since now I have both my rigs up for sale; here's the info on my WJ:

It's an 02 4.7 HO Overland with Quadradrive axles and the 247 tcase. all fluids have been replaced within the last 3k and the oil has about 200 miles on it. New spark plugs, O2 sensors, alternator, shocks and battery. Has 121,000 miles. Very clean in and out but has some minor scratches on the hood from the previous owner. 2.5" teraflex spacer lift with upcountry springs, bilstein 5100 shocks all around (good for up to 4.5" of lift). Mopar rock rails, gas tank skid, and tcase skid. JK Moab 17" rims with 31" All-terrains. Everything else is stock. Blend door issue was fixed, ac/heater blower resistor and wiring harness was also replaced, and the updated wiring harness for the heated seats was done, so all of the common issues on the Overland WJ's has been addressd. Extremely comfortable to drive and a good mild trail rig. No John Bull for this one. Have about 2000 miles on the tires. I think it's worth about $8500 but I'm open for offers. I will start another for sale thread with pics tonight.

Damn that XJ is nice.
Maybe your fertility doc is a wheeler and you can trade??

Damn that XJ is nice.
Maybe your fertility doc is a wheeler and you can trade??

That's some wishful thinking. Unfortunately the only way to pay off fertility bills is good old cash.

Good luck with the sale!!BTW the full traction long arm kit is awesome! Had it on my jeep performs excellent on and off-road!

Good luck with the sale!!BTW the full traction long arm kit is awesome! Had it on my jeep performs excellent on and off-road!

Yeah, the full traction lift really blew me away. It's SUPER strong, great road manners and has ridiculous flex. It's nice that you have the option to go fast or crawl over the boulders with one lift. Great hybrid lift.

Got the credit card statement in the mail today. HOLY CRAP!! I didn't realize how expensive IVF medication is. I need one of my Jeeps sold asap now. Here's the deal, I will drop my XJ down to $9000 and will include everything in it except my winch and mount, my first aid kit, and my fire extinguisher. I will use those on my next rig once finances allow that. Everything else will stay with the rig. That includes my big bag of spare parts and everything else in the description at the beginning of this thread. The Bull Dog quick connects will stay with the rig so it will be wired for a universal mount winch. I wish I could also lower the price of $7500 on my WJ but that is my bottom dollar and $9,000 is the bottom dollar for my XJ.

Last edited:
I have had a few people ask for interior pics so here ya go. The interior is very clean but almost entirely stock. The only upgrades I made were the switches for the lights, mounted cb, the switch for the aux. fan override, and the fire exinguisher. Everything was left alone. Factory seats and belts. My long term plan was to make a hybrid internal/exo cage with racing seats and full harnesses but it looks like that project will have to get passed on to the next owner if he so chooses.
DSC02328.jpg

DSC02324.jpg

DSC02329.jpg

DSC02331.jpg

DSC02334.jpg

DSC02336.jpg

DSC02337.jpg

DSC02339.jpg

DSC02330.jpg

DSC02327.jpg

It was a pleasure meeting you and your family today! You have quite the Jeep and i'm bummed we could not make a deal. My offer stands if you change your mind. We wish you and your wife the best of luck and you will be in our thoughts.

On a side note for anyone else considering buying this Jeep. The pictures don't do it justice. It is really clean, extremely well built, and Brad is a stand up guy. It is well worth his asking price just a little more than I have to spend right now.

Back