• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This should keep my truck safe

shelbyluvv

NAXJA Forum User
As many of you know my truck was totalled because some dick put sugar in my fuel tank. I found a truck I wanted to replace my lost one. The wife and I jumped on a plane, flew to SLC and drove it home. It is a 2008 long bed converted Mega Cab. The truck was built by the same guy that does Diesel Brothers six door conversions.

cb38305c68064650b8ee18361afbe7bd.jpg

To keep my new girl safe I ordered and installed a locking fuel door and fuel cap. It may be a pain in the ass but at least it will keep my tank clean.

05f875ed186239a38732f265e059838e.jpg

I also ordered a 2 micro Cat fuel filter and Baldwin water separator to ensure my injectors stay happy.

I'm thinking about getting a locking door like that. For my 2014 RAM HD, it is white. So I cant decide between the color you got or black.

My fear is someone tampering with my fuel too.

Not disputing this (I have no idea) but I found this. http://www.snopes.com/autos/grace/sugar.asp . Is it possible there was something else in the tank? Either way, locking it is a surefire failsafe.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
It was a combination of water and sugar in my tank. Snoop's is full of shit as well. I saw first hand what sugar will do to an injector.

I'm thinking about getting a locking door like that. For my 2014 RAM HD, it is white. So I cant decide between the color you got or black.

My fear is someone tampering with my fuel too.
There are some nice aluminum locking fuel caps as well.

I like the brushed look on the white. Black is just to "in your face" for me.

It was a combination of water and sugar in my tank. Snoop's is full of shit as well. I saw first hand what sugar will do to an injector.
That's the problem with the damn internet, 😆. It's a bummer that there are people out there doing stuff like that. Hopefully karma will bitch-slap them someday. Nice truck.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

With the look of that cab you should consider getting a chauffeur. Very nice.

With the look of that cab you should consider getting a chauffeur. Very nice.
I tried to have my wife drive me around but she refuses to drive it. Something about it being to big? It is only 2' longer than our old truck.

Very nice. What did they do to the motor? Those guys just can't keep anything stock
It wasn't built by the Diesel Brothers. It was built by Brian and Riley at

www.stretchmytruck.com

They are the guys that do their six door conversions. If you see the episode with the Kodiak being stretched Brian is in that episode. They did full deletes, 4" straight pipe exhaust and a H&S tow tune.

It got 20 MPG on the on the way home from SLC at 85 MPH.

My rev limiter stops me from going over 70 ish. My dad did a gear change. Now that I own it, I'll probably change the gears back. He towed a 38' fifth wheel with it.

That's awesome! I can get 21.5 out of mine...but only at 65mph.
The 68RFE helps a little with the extra gears. I just worry about it's life span. The truck has 180k on it but it was well taken care of. It was bone stock until I had them do the deletes and tune. My old 5.9 got 23 hwy at 65. That was a great truck.
My rev limiter stops me from going over 70 ish. My dad did a gear change. Now that I own it, I'll probably change the gears back. He towed a 38' fifth wheel with it.
Just lift it a put bigger tires on it!

Nice rig. My son has been drooling over it, ever since he saw it.

David Bricker / SYR

Awesome truck, man!
Thanks man! Get your rig to the trails
Nice rig. My son has been drooling over it, ever since he saw it.

David Bricker / SYR
Thanks, I am very proud of her. She is a real head turner. I have had a few people try to buy it already.
Well be a good dad and buy him one. lol
I know where another one is... 80k, 6" lift, 35s, fully deleted. Only downside is it has a rebuilt title. $25k

Back