• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the wisdom of my child.

Timmy2XJS

NAXJA Forum User
ok maybe not but still.

so this morning like every morning me and my 4 yrold Eric go out side to the jeeps and i ask him what are we driving today son? well his choices are "mommy's jeep"(2000) "old blue" (my 88)or "the icky truck" (the 99)

well today he says the icky truck. i ask him why and he says it looks like it will rain. this is a good observation and we roll out in the icky truck

fast forward to 1400 ish today : heavy rain then more and more of it. cars are starting to get flooded. some are now floating. this is all a sight to be hold. in my units parking lot it was nearly waist deep.

then the skool calls me they are flooded and i need to get the boy. i wade out to my jeep that is (was) in a dirt parking lot. it is now a muddy lake. im on 5.5 inches and 35s. it was comming up through the drain plugs. it took 4 low to get out of here. i come up behind the barrakades that PMO has set up to keep people out from trying to go down that street. i was comming up it.

got off base after 3 more water crossings and got to skool. again 4X4 was needed to travurse this place. got around back and the assiant director looked at me and "god bless jeeps" AMEN. got the kid he looks at me and says "see its raining."

had we not drove the big jeep this would have been a really suck ass day.

after the rain stopped we went back out and i got to recover a few people who "lost the road" lol odly enough not a jeep one lost it.......

:D

ha sweet. i wish we could get some weather like that while my jeeps are running. i want a good excuse to show off what a jeep can do that most rides can't.
you might want to check your diff fluid, lol... deep water is what has screwed up just about everything i've ever had to fix on my xj...

funny you say that its time to change out diff fluid any ways i was gonna do it this weekend lol

Cherry Point, huh? I had the rare pleasure of driving WITH the storm from I-95 all the way into Norfolk, Va. Sadly, I was in the Mustang and couldn't enjoy any of it. A 3.5hr trip from Raliegh to Norfolk took upwards of 7hrs once you include the three hours I spent in traffic getting to the downtown tunnel..... just to have them close it due to flooding.

Did I forget to mention that momma failed to put the cover on the Jeep (half doors) today???

Sounds like "boatsides" would have been in order. Good call by the 4yrold!!!

Good thing it wasn't my XJ, the water would have been pouring into the door; it's only 4.5" on 31's.

That's a shit-ton of rain, though. Shoulda brought the VW Beetle ... they float.

a few. i cant at work but ill up load some when i get home.

Good thing it wasn't my XJ, the water would have been pouring into the door; it's only 4.5" on 31's.

That's a shit-ton of rain, though. Shoulda brought the VW Beetle ... they float.

there was one in the parking lot that was bobbing with the waves. it was pushed away to higher ground. all together like 15 cars were totaled. and most of em were really nice cars.

as promised: the parking lot

Photo0263.jpg

Photo0262.jpg
Photo0261.jpg

Photo0260.jpg
DSC00037.jpg

Wow!! I'd say the car titles should say "Water Damaged Vehicle".

the blue one in the last photo shorted, rolled the windows down horn went off popped the trunk and the spare tire floated away.

the tow companies have been making a killin today.

yup, that was some rain...:scared:

yea we were watching it but we had lightning within 5 miles and that means we arent suppost to go outside.

by the time it was said and done it was too late. some of the cars belonged to people who were out flying so they kinda got screwed. but the base is working with everyone and its all going good.

one a selfish note i got the diffs opened up and discovered the rear was gross. and i have a leaky seal :( but the front was peachy clean so new fluid and the day is good.

Back