• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Snow - It's Finally Here!! (Photos)

GhostDakota

NAXJA Forum User
So the first real snowfall of the year is occurring here in West Chester, PA. So far we've had approx 5" and they say another 1-3" is possible through 5pm. YAY! I love the fluffy white stuff. I drive the XJ during winter so it makes me happy when it snows, especially so much that I'm one of the few on the road.

Here are my shots, WHILE driving....

Woke up this morning to this out my back window (2 MP camera phone):
421627540_mPthJ-O.jpg

Walked outside to find my Jeep covered in snow (2 MP camera phone):
421627556_nyP7q-O.jpg

And made my way to work (D2x, 18-70, some levels adjustments to some photos):
421628299_FCUcw-XL.jpg

421629047_o726B-XL.jpg

421629909_hWWRo-XL.jpg

421630633_GxwTs-XL.jpg

421631456_JJXff-XL.jpg

421633357_ZY5ms-XL.jpg

421632618_yrRCv-XL.jpg

421632008_sThYe-XL.jpg

421626906_wgDnq-XL.jpg

421627508_hXeRz-XL.jpg

Made for an interesting ride to work today, I don't think anybody was on time. People around here can't drive in weather. *sigh*

I used the google maps app on my iphone to run backroads to avoid the worst traffic areas and found a guy who slid off the road (not really his fault, 3" of snow plus a high crown) and dragged him back onto it. hehe made me happy, I didn't get anybody last year.

main.php

yeah, isn't I a great person? ;)

I'm north of that and I got nothing!! I want snow too!

A chain! You know better than that ;)

I can't wait for the snow to fly here. I doubt we will get much, but Southern Indiana residents go back to driving like 15 year olds at the very mention of snow. Only bad thing is at my old job my boss knew I had 3 4x4 vehicles and couldn't call in due to conditions :D

well im in texas at the moment. my gf who lives a lil north of him only got flurries...weird

*ssshhh!* hehe yeah, it's a strong tow chain I carry for cars. I thought about using a strap, but didn't want to use a 30' strap when I was only dragging it across snow and wasn't going to put any significant stress on it

A chain! You know better than that ;)

I can't wait for the snow to fly here. I doubt we will get much, but Southern Indiana residents go back to driving like 15 year olds at the very mention of snow. Only bad thing is at my old job my boss knew I had 3 4x4 vehicles and couldn't call in due to conditions :D

Good lord ain't that the damn truth. Its like they all completely lose common sense! :doh:

Good lord ain't that the damn truth. Its like they all completely lose common sense! :doh:

X2 I drive from one end of the hoosier to the other going to the windy.. I dreed winter!!

Nick

I hit a pretty bad snowstorm last night on I-80 near Lock Haven, PA trying to drive from school to my girlfriend's house. One minute it was perfectly fine, then the next thing I knew, it was snowing so hard that I could only see like 10 feet in front of me and there was about 3" of snow on the road. It's normally a 3 hour drive and I had only driven about a half hour, so I just turned around and went home. At least I got to play around in the snow a bit with my new bighorns...They did pretty well, I was impressed how they did on the road in the snow/ice.

I love snow. I grew up in northern california where the only thing that came from the sky was water. Now that I live on the east coast, I get giddy like a little school girl any time the fluffy white stuff sticks to the ground :)

I am hoping we get some snow here this year. We usually get one or two events where the roads get several inches on them. Last year we didn't get anything on the roads but ice took out trees and power lines. LOTS of Tulsa was without power for several days last year. All this and NOTHING on the roads, I have had an aussie in the front for 18 months now and haven't gotten to use it in snow or ice.

Back