• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THE PROBLEMS PERSIST! AH!

dro6767

NAXJA Forum User
Well you know when it rains? IT POURS. These last two weeks I've had both front and rear drive-shafts break,wheel hubs broken, u joints, and now on my last wheeling trip I broke off my tranny fluid line. And now the joint at which is goes in is threaded and (bear with me im new to this stuff) and i might have burnt out my transmission which will result in a very expensive fix! IDK if it's even worth it! But i do really like my jeep, anyone that might have a cheap tranny laying around in the chattanooga tn area like to help out? I'm looking for one with fairly low miles for fairly cheap! Well if you have read this far and could help me out that would be great, Thanks guys! :speepin:

mbogosia has one.... or you could get one from pullapart for around 100 bux. you might not have burned it up, though. fix the line, and put new fluid in, and see what happens. or i could tow it to my house. i don't mind putting a transmission in the jeep if you don't want it anymore:D

Team Willy's may be able to help you with this...
He's familiar with the pulaparts, and side work...

well, chief, I would much rather have the line fixed but its threaded and won't be able to put back in. Now trail rate this, i know absolutely nothing about transmissions would that work?

depends on what year the jeep is. i imagine we could re-tap the hole where the fitting goes, and maybe get a threaded adapter and some pipe tape and try to figger something out. also, if you're on the verge of swapping transmissions, i'd try some jb weld. you'd be amazed at what that stuff can handle.:D not joking though. i'd try it.

I could most likely fix the stripped threads for you some way. You could even tap it out to NPT and put a pipe thread/flare adapter in it.

Back