• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Cliffs Nov. 10th Marseilles, Il

vt98xj

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Ram-Rod and I have been tossing around dates for a late fall/early winter trip to the The Cliffs Insane Terrain in Marseilles, IL. I am not sure of the fall/winter hours, but I will follow up with them.

Date: November 10th

http://www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com/
2681 East Route 6
Marseilles, IL 61341

I personally, don't plan on doing anything too tough as I have a 4.5-5 hour drive after wheeling.

Post up if you are interested!

Andy: Thanks for posting. You know we are there....

For those who have not been there it can be a muddy mess ( thick clay crap) or it can be dry and rough....park is smaller than badlands and mstly harder but we will get the smaller rigs around with by passes and a helpful tug or two. We will prob bring a couple of guys on 40's with us.

John

Well I have some people interested from Legendary Civilian jeepers (Wisconsin jeep club)

We need some more people from NAXJA!

As of right now, I still plan on it.

BUT that could change for me depending on what happens with work trips.

We are going to be there around 8:30. We should have a WJ on 40's and a FSJ on 40's with us. Lookingf forward to seeing everyone that makes it.

John

I have a ton of parts coming in that I have to install this weekend (if I get them in time), I am not sure if I will be able to get it all done. I hope I can if I don't run into any problems with the removal and install.

I'll keep ya updated if I am going to make it on the 10th.

I have a ton of parts coming in that I have to install this weekend (if I get them in time), I am not sure if I will be able to get it all done. I hope I can if I don't run into any problems with the removal and install.

I'll keep ya updated if I am going to make it on the 10th.

Andy: Sounds good.... I fully understand what you have in front of you. Keep me posted send me a FB message and Iw ill give you my cell if you donot have it.

John

Hmmmm.

Maybe with the side x side.....

Rev

The guys i have seen down there with SBS seem to have fun. Would be good to see you down there Rev....

I talked to Ram-rod on Facebook. I am out, just got home from a trip in Georgia and the jeep is missing a few parts that need to be installed.

Last I knew Ram-Rod was still planning on going.

Hope so, got everything loaded already.

Anthony: You really hung in there. Great job all day. Thanks for the help from you and Zak with trail fixes.I will try to get some pics up someplace. For those that are friends with me and Tara on FB they are already posted.

For those that did not make it you missed a long day of hard wheeling and many trail fixes. We managed to break both brand new springs on the front of the FSJ. Peal a 40" Irok off a Built WJ ( power tank made short work of re-seating that.) Both front tires off my rig. ( got the second one re-seated in the dark way after the park closed) Toyota truggy pealed front tire. and a tj and yj off their sides after a flop.

Quote of the day from Anthony " So it looks like you are through running green trail at WF"

Long day but fun trip anyway. Knowing the owners of the park and having them crack jokes while your trying to re-seat a front bead in the dark in a very tight "v-notch" laying in deep mud with good friends.....PRICELESS

Ram" Off to order beadlocks" Rod

Anthony: You really hung in there. Great job all day. Thanks for the help from you and Zak with trail fixes.I will try to get some pics up someplace. For those that are friends with me and Tara on FB they are already posted.

For those that did not make it you missed a long day of hard wheeling and many trail fixes. We managed to break both brand new springs on the front of the FSJ. Peal a 40" Irok off a Built WJ ( power tank made short work of re-seating that.) Both front tires off my rig. ( got the second one re-seated in the dark way after the park closed) Toyota truggy pealed front tire. and a tj and yj off their sides after a flop.

Quote of the day from Anthony " So it looks like you are through running green trail at WF"

Long day but fun trip anyway. Knowing the owners of the park and having them crack jokes while your trying to re-seat a front bead in the dark in a very tight "v-notch" laying in deep mud with good friends.....PRICELESS

Ram" Off to order beadlocks" Rod

Had a great time out there. Glad I made it out for the day and impromptu night ride. No problem with helping out and thanks for the kind words. :thumbup: If you guys go out again, hit me up.

045.jpg

Back