• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The car nut's wildest dream

WOW! I'm speachless and I cannot even read half the names!

Oh. My. There are no words......

The cynic in me wonders how many of them are hot.

Ghost said:
WOW! I'm speachless and I cannot even read half the names!

There are porsche's, Lancia's, Austin's, chevy's, BMW's, Mercedes', SImcas',Abarth's, Volovo's, Saab's, Alfa's,Opel's,Renault's, Rover's, Nash and Hillman to name a few. All of them worth big $$$$

that is one of the coolest things i have seen in a long time! if i were that guy i would have passed out after opening the barn door and seeing all of those awsome automobiles.

Got goose bumps. There has to be about 100 cars in there. Thats just amazing, I mean how come that can't happen to me. I would have no idea what I would do if I opened up a bar and found all of those in there. I wonder where the keys are to all of them?

thats nuts, i bet most of them are stolen. some people have all the luck in the world.

Dayum, that almost never happens to me.

DansGreyMj said:
thats nuts, i bet most of them are stolen. some people have all the luck in the world.

Doubtful many (if any) are stolen. Given the spread and types of vehicles in there as well as the age ranges involved, I'd be willing to bet it was someone who just picked up interesting cars as they came across them and parked them in a convenient location that they had access to. This isn't really as uncommon an occurrence as it might sound - if you pick up a copy Classic & Sports Cars or Classic Cars, they usually have a page or so dedicated to barn finds each month. This guy really hit the jackpot, though - there're at least a dozen cars in there I'd love to own.

Crunch said:
Dayum, that almost never happens to me.

what do you mean almost?

Ya I just posted this on my clubs forum, and they thought most were stolen too. Someone made a good point though, notice most of the liscence plates are still on them? Any thoughts?

Does anyone else wonder what that orange thing in the background is?
afa7814yy.jpg

HOLY SHI^ i just creamed my pants. i can only imagine what this guy did. buys the property for cheap probley. and them wham you get instant payback and some if he decides to sell the cars... what a lucky FUC$

that sends chills down the spine. DAMN

Not knowing european laws and license plates and if plates stay with the car for the life of it I'd tend say *stolen*, boy you could supply alot of collectors parts from those cars, let alone ones suitable for restorations. The morris's and lotus's caught my eye, I think I saw a 442 olds in the bunch to. As for Simca's, POS, all of them, I had a couple.

Well I got some pics to show up, but a whole lotta red x's all over including the smilies and ads on the website. Can't get pages 2 or 3 to load either. Hopefully it's just a server issue and I can pull it up later.

One pic shows a cluster of several american cars - 60's Dodge/Chryslers, the tail of a '70's Olds, some 40's Chevys and what not - those are what I wanna see.

That's hard to believe that this wasn't noted as part of the estate. Must have been a very unusual set of circumstances for someone to buy that parcel of land with that building on it and no one opened it before selling off the estate. No heirs and no will I suppose either - otherwise, the new owner may end up with a sizeable legal battle on his hands to keep the collection. I'd like to keep an eye on this developement.

GreenbeltXJ said:
what do you mean almost?

Well, I did win a very nicely built XJ from this really kewl XJ club one time.:D

RichP said:
Not knowing european laws and license plates and if plates stay with the car for the life of it I'd tend say *stolen*, boy you could supply alot of collectors parts from those cars, let alone ones suitable for restorations. The morris's and lotus's caught my eye, I think I saw a 442 olds in the bunch to. As for Simca's, POS, all of them, I had a couple.

Not a 442 if it is the same one I saw, it's a four door, but it caught my eye as well.

begster said:
Ya I just posted this on my clubs forum, and they thought most were stolen too. Someone made a good point though, notice most of the liscence plates are still on them? Any thoughts?

Most European countries (and I'm speaking in fairly broad terms here, since my experience is largely limited to Ireland and the UK) don't reissue plates annually. Even if they are now, most of the cars shown in those photos are likely exempted - the newest one I could pick out was a mid- to late-'80s Peugeot 205. In the US, most states issue stickers that go on the plate each year; in Europe, it's a registration and/or insurance disc in the windscreen.

With that in mind, older cars that fall under national regulations as classics are likely able to retain their original registrations. Remember that the EU is largely Federal in the same sense as the US - member states, but each with their own set of laws and regulations. It's not quite the same, but pretty close. As for Portugal, I can't really give any specific advice, but again: probably analogous to what would happen here if you bought a property with a hundred cars on it.

Does anyone else wonder what that orange thing in the background is?
afa7814yy.jpg

There's been speculation that it's a Citroen Mehari - which it isn't; I've owned a couple, and both have had their spares on the same side but in the load area. Probably a licence-built Jeep or Land-Rover derivative. For my part, I'd love to have the red Saab 96 in the foreground...

Back