• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TAGs >Their proper use

WB9YZU

NAXJA Forum User
I think we need to discuss this before it gets out of hand.

Unless I am mistaken, TAGs are used to make searches easier, like if you used "Upper Ball Joint" as a TAG for each thread on that subject. So using the Search feature, you could querry all threads TAGed as "Upper Ball Joint", and it would return all threads TAGed as such.

I am aware of atleast one thread where someone added a TAG that is their personal comment to a person in the thread. Since these are Annon, there is no accountability, just the ability to take cheap shots.

Will TAGs be moderated for sutability?

Discuss

I think we need to discuss this before it gets out of hand.

Unless I am mistaken, TAGs are used to make searches easier, like if you used "Upper Ball Joint" as a TAG for each thread on that subject. So using the Search feature, you could querry all threads TAGed as "Upper Ball Joint", and it would return all threads TAGed as such.

I am aware of atleast one thread where someone added a TAG that is their personal comment to a person in the thread. Since these are Annon, there is no accountability, just the ability to take cheap shots.

Will TAGs be moderated for sutability?

Discuss
I'm not sure how it works here? But, back when I use to dabble in Yahoo chat, if you tagged someone, you could follow them from room to room. So how does that come into play here?

I'm not sure how it works here? But, back when I use to dabble in Yahoo chat, if you tagged someone, you could follow them from room to room. So how does that come into play here?

No, it just shows the TAGs attached to the thread, and enables you to search more effectively.

I see atleast at one person is making their presence known, but appearantly don't want their coments in the thread.
Current TAGs at this moment > "anonymous cheap shot, dork!, shut up, tags"

Last edited:
So what is the purpose, other than to be asshat's?

In general chit-chat, there isn't one really. I think it's kind of funny honestly.

Over on Pirate they fixed the problem by removing the tag feature from their chit-chat forum. It pretty much sorts itself out in the tech forums.

YOU have nothing to discuss. You're not a club member. You're not even a club supporter.

Jeff seems to have an amazing grasp of the situation.

I should add that as a tag.

Some of those tags are pretty funny!

But yeah, right on Jeff.:thumbup:

I dissagree, and here is why:

I asked for a civil discussion of TAGs, and their use.

Here is the policy I asked it under; you may recognize it, as we ALL agreed to it.

There is no censorship that will prevent ANYONE from stating a point of view, as long as a few simple rules are followed:
  • If you become irritated a particular post, thread, or author, DON'T RESPOND!!
  • Aside from the posting of up coming events, club business does not take place on the public forums. PERIOD!
  • NO PERSONAL ATTACKS! There is going to be ribbing and teasing among friends, but when posts turn into personal attacks THEY'RE DELETED AT THE ADMINISTRATORS DISCRETION!!
  • Open, and sometimes heated debate will be allowed on the Non Tech Forum, but we will NOT ALLOW debate to escalate into a flame war. Again, judgment is at the discretion of the admin.
  • Out of courtesy to the majority, we will try to keep the boards "on subject". Occasionally posts will accidentally be made on the wrong board. When we CHOOSE to move an inadvertently posted message, a notice of this will be left.
  • Posts containing profanity, for the sake of profanity will be DELETED! Everything will be considered within the context of the given situation. Again, judgment is at the discretion of the admin., and the guidelines determined by consensus of the NAXJA Board of Directors
By opening the OT Forum up to anyone, you allow anyone to discuss what they want as long as it is not offensive or profane, this is neither.

Rubies were removed by the BOD, and the last time I heard, this was not re-instated. As far as I can tell, abuse of any feature of this Forum that results in personal attacks, is not to be tollerated per NAXJA Forum rules.

When you guys pull out a new gun, look at it and go "Awe, Pretty", then go and shoot yourself in the foot with it, don't go blaming me because your toes are missing.

ChiXJeff, I have to ask? Would being a Member or a Supporter really have changed this discussion? Be honest.

Last edited:
just like it says....

At the discretion of the admins. Looks like the mods and admins are not bothered by this.

I am sure this will all sort out in the end.....but Ron, truthfully, from me, Yes....it would carry more weight comming from a member.

I like you Ron...really I do...you hung with a buddy when he needed it most, but you also were fairly vocal in you desire to leave this club, and now you seem to be here more then when you were a member.

On this one....I have to side with Jeff.

Rev

• NO PERSONAL ATTACKS! There is going to be ribbing and teasing among friends, but when posts turn into personal attacks THEY'RE DELETED AT THE ADMINISTRATORS DISCRETION!!

Thanks for posting that! I never noticed this type, it should read Administrator's decision.

j now you seem to be here more then when you were a member.

I agree, Ron is far more vocal and demanding as a non-member than a member.

Nobody, especially non-contributors has the right to step up and say "You must change this," that is about the worst way to accomplish your goals.

ChiXJeff, I have to ask? Would being a Member or a Supporter really have changed this discussion? Be honest.

YES. Absolutely. *WITHOUT* question.

How are you contributing here? Don't say your expertise. This club shells out several thousand dollars a year in hosting fees, and you've made a conscious decision to not contribute to that.

So, you're using our bandwidth, our disk, and our servers in general, yet not supporting them.

I just wish they would at least be spell-checked.

Back