• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-Max winches are great. ;) A+

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So the solenoid pack on my T-max EW-9000 gave it up this last run. It would power in, but not out. I guess the other way around could be worse, but since I can't freespool in my setup it still left me unable to winch.

I emailed t-max last night, asking if they could help me, as I'm out of warrantee but only by a couple of weeks. No questions asked, the parts were mailed out free of charge.

My father had similar experiance with T-Max last year.

A+ for service, and definatly an A for quality parts.

cal said:
So the solenoid pack on my T-max EW-9000 gave it up this last run. It would power in, but not out. I guess the other way around could be worse, but since I can't freespool in my setup it still left me unable to winch.

I emailed t-max last night, asking if they could help me, as I'm out of warrantee but only by a couple of weeks. No questions asked, the parts were mailed out free of charge.

My father had similar experiance with T-Max last year.

A+ for service, and definatly an A for quality parts.
Hmmm... but... how long have you had the winch for? I agree it's good service, but what's their breakage/failure ratio in comparison to Warn for example?

Kejtar said:
Hmmm... but... how long have you had the winch for? I agree it's good service, but what's their breakage/failure ratio in comparison to Warn for example?

On my fathers land rover, we went through 4 solenoid packs in 2 years, and warn would not warantee them out at all. We replaced the controller with a t-max on his warn winch, had one failure (that i believe was abuse more than defect) which was waranteed. Given my real world experiance, that makes t-max's 2 to 4 times as reliable? ;)

My tax rebate is going to a TMAX winch and nice winch bumper, glad to hear more good things about T Max. Warn is way overpriced in my opinion when I hear awesome things about T Max winches that cost hundreds less. Lots of the price in a Warn winch is just for that nice red sticker that says "Warn." They do make great winches but their cost is to high by far.

I just looked at 4wheel parts and the Warn M8000 costs $836.:eek: What is up with that, I thought they were just recently $499?

I can get a TMax 9000 for $450 from summit racing, that is half the cost of a warn winch!!

Good to hear that Cal. I've yet to have a hard pull with mine. Hopefully Winterfest will take care of that.:D

Jeepboy: Look in the Vendors section here on NAXJA. I bought my Tmax from GRIMUS99XJ, he gave me a great deal. Give him a call, he'll hook you up.:thumbup:

Hale

Haleyes said:
Good to hear that Cal. I've yet to have a hard pull with mine. Hopefully Winterfest will take care of that.:D

Jeepboy: Look in the Vendors section here on NAXJA. I bought my Tmax from GRIMUS99XJ, he gave me a great deal. Give him a call, he'll hook you up.:thumbup:

Hale
Thanks for the info Haleyes, I contacted Gimus99XJ allready but summit was still cheaper including shipping.

Jes said:
:confused1

I have been really hard on my equipment recently and in no way feel the part failed due to anyones fault but my own.

How can you be hard on a winch?
I mean, if it stalls out you let go of the "in" switch, right?

Jes said:
How can you be hard on a winch?
I mean, if it stalls out you let go of the "in" switch, right?

it's very easy to shockload a winch on a hill climb with a manual transmission. when my t-max broke it took out 4-5 weeks for them to fix it and i had to pay for shipping. my buddy just took his warn down to baxters auto parts and the took care of the rest because they're an authorized dealer. that lifetime warranty is nice. other than that one experience with t-max i've had no other problems.

Back