• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE, question for you guys/

Elguapo

NAXJA Forum User
My rig currently has the vibration at aprox 55mph and over, I understand I need a Slipe yoke elim kit. From what I have read it seems that I am having this issue do to lifting the jeep. Previous owner has a 3.5 suspension lift, and 1inch body installed.
My question is, if I eliminate the body lift of 1" would the vibration go away?
I plan on staying 33's, I like my rigs as low as possible. I would rather cut more and lower the truck than mess with the SYE.

Guide me NAXJA!
Antwone

Because it is unibody I believe it has to be,
The previous owner id'd the 1 inch as a "body lift"
Ill sneak under tonight and check the t case, if so would it help my situation by removing the modification?
Ya I really need to jump under there, seems like sye will be needed
Thank you Matt

If it's a coil spacer and shackle or block in the rear, removing may help the vibs.

If it is a transfer case drop then removing will probably make it worse.

Could be tire balance or alignment as well.

Nice list for my rig of things to do.
Wheel bearings, upgraded tie rod.
Sye, uppers, key on cooling fans. Brakes to be bled. Clean interior, cheap paint ( roll on, rattle can or use my compressor )
Ill get new 33s over the winter

Last edited:
Just throwing it out there but:

Check your rear axle angle, is it correct (pointing at the t-case)? If you dropped your budget lift would this correct it?

how are your u joints? A cheap ($20-30) option is replace the u-joints in the rear DS, extreme angles kill DS unjoints. Keep it drivable til the sye, then keep em' for spares.

Anthony, Im home all week stop by some evening and we'll figure it out! Like to see ya again anyway!

Hell ya man, I still need to to register this thing. Ill hit you up after I get that done bro, it'll be good to hang out with you again!
Shoot me a text btw, got a new number and didnt bring over any contacts. 719-452-0951

Back