• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sye install

green95xj

NAXJA Forum User
Installed porc heavy duty sye in my 93 NP 231. Have two largest snap rings left over, anyone know what they go to. I reused one of the old snap rings, should I not have? But even then there is still one left over.

Thanks

One large snap ring goes right in front snug up to the largest gear on the main shaft. It replaces the one you took off before removing the gears and changing them over to the new shaft. I'm guessing you re-used your old one? Most likely they gave you an extra in case you bent one. I just installed my Advanced Adapters kit two days ago and used the two small rings on the front of the main shaft that straddle the sleeve that the speedo gear sits over, one large on the middle of the shaft by the gear and had one left over. This is on a 98 though so maybe it's different. I'm sure that you could agree that removing those snap rings was a major PITA though.

I just installed a PORC SYE kit on my 89 XJ Saturday. The kit came with 2 large rings and 2 smaller ones. I used one of the large and both small snap rings so I had one left over also.

Back