• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Survey - Online Speed Test

RTicUL8

NAXJA Forum User
I am curious about how fast different types of internet connections really are.
If you would like to participate, please go to this web site and run the test on your line speed. Also include in your reply who your ISP is and what type of internet connection you have (ex: cable, DSL, T1, dial-up, etc.)
Thanks.
http://www.cable-modem.net/features/oct99/speed.html

My Results:
196Kbps
Cable Modem
Comcast

438kbps
T1
Sprint

--I should note that I'm at work. I'll try it again when I get home on my cable hookup

I just tried it a few more times to get an average -- here are my other times
#1: 438
#2: 504
#3: 480
#4: 501
#5: 488

the results will be varied by whatever technology you have.

On cable i have gotten scores higher than 1500 and lower than 10 from the same location. It all depends on how many people are using the cable connection at the time.

DSL should be fairly stable as it is your line by definition. (Digital Subscriper Line).

T1's are mainly limited by the distance from them to the CO they hook in through (as with DSL).

the results will be varied by whatever technology you have.

On cable i have gotten scores higher than 1500 and lower than 10 from the same location. It all depends on how many people are using the cable connection at the time.

DSL should be fairly stable as it is your line by definition. (Digital Subscriper Line).

T1's are mainly limited by the distance from them to the CO they hook in through (as with DSL).

I hear you. What is on cable he or she have gotten scores higher than 1500 and lower than 10 from the same location like on cable he or she have gotten scores higher than 1500 and lower than 10 from the same location. And then what happened. A lot of robots are like that. Can you speak any foreign languages? I think there might be a few exception. :cool:

My work T1 connection is coming up with 207Kbps and the second time I cam up with 216Kbps

Your work T1 connection is coming up with 207Kbps and the second time he or she cam up with 216Kbps? :xmas:

I do believe that we have a student of the grammatical arts in our midst - welcome.

:huh: ok, i know i'm new here, but wtf is she doing?

I like to meet new people. It goes without saying. :(

Home: 146 kbps, Bellsouth DSL

School: 509 kbps, multiple T3. This is probably a little slow, since I routinely get 1200 kbps or faster downloads. Might be limited by their connection.

I used to have cable, but the upload speeds were capped to something horrible. Download speeds were faster, but erratic. My DSL has better upload speeds. The maximum download speed is slower than cable, but has always been consistent.

I got 315-358 I ran it four times. I love the cable modem, I would never go back to dial up. It would be like Getting rid of my car and going across country by horse.

How does an average of 604 after five attempts sound?;)

Thats with Comcast digital cable.

Mike

And fer the other folks.......i dont know what theyre talking about with all the he/she stuff.:confused:

I couldn't run the Shockwave test for various reasons, but on the "old test" I got this:

speed.gif

They are working on our lines right now, otherwise I do believe it would be faster.

I am on a neighborhood network with a Fiber backbone, my host is Vib.tv.

A few other tests that seem to be a bit more detailed can be found here: http://toast.net/performance/ You can select the different types of info to be downloaded.

43 Kbps
56k dial-up modem
AT&T for ISP

Either its the website or I dunno, but I feal cheated.
150 here on first try.
I prefer to go to dslreports.com for my speed tests.
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
DSL Bellsouth

DSLreports:
D/L = 1053 kbps
U/L = 213 kbps
Using the speakeasy test in CA

I came to work and tried it, only got 96, hahahahaha they spent soooooo much money on this computer B.S. At least we dont have to leave our offices to tell jokes to one another!

Back