• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE (long version)

chucknes

NAXJA Forum User
i dont know if this is a good place to post this but i gotta put it up. i am new to NAXJA but not new to the sport. i grew up in new hampshire around the corner from a great junk yard full of old chevy's and the like. my ol man is ol school and i grew up in old junk chevy pick ups. amy how i have a 90 xj sport that i am building, not my first jeep but my first xj build. i live in germany and parts are tough to come by at the old new hampshire junk yard prices. shipping is a pain and it takes for ever. so i ordered up a 3" phase 2 from RC, and some new steelies and tires. after a few dry runs stock it was clearly time for u joints. i had some that came with the truck. i went to the on post garage that is open to us service members, and proceded tofind out that it was long over due and that my axles were junk. FREAK OUT! put it back together, go home, tell the wifey and hop on NAXJA to look for some one that will send me some aloys. i called ruff stuff not really thinking about it. i got ahold of dan there and he took some time to get me in touch with chase perry at east coast gear supply. Chase really took the time to help me out, answered all of my questions and told me he would take the time to ship them at the lowest cost possible, so a feew pestering phone calls later, chase still being very cool, and the axles were ordered. next i wondered into JTS and asked about seals for my silly little axle, carl montoya hooked me up with a few seals to keep in the slippery stuff. next day i find an e mil from chase, he says that carl and him talked and decided it would save me money if they shipped to me all together! so they linked up from accross the USA and made it happen!
now this may seem long and boring to some, but trust me, when you are living in germany with a small crew of good friends to go out and drive with, and not a lot in the way of friendly support from the local parts store things like this become monumental. not to mention that there are way to many autozone type corporate $%#* heads out there that could give a damn about us over here and wont even make a run to the local post office as we can only recieve usps here.
so in the end i build my little D30 though i had not intended to, and i get to meet some real cool guys along the way. thanks guys you have a customer for life! i would also like to shout out to rough country and treadwrite. they too have been super helpful and gone the extra mile to send things to us over here. any how thanks for listening and if any one has parts they sould be willing to box up and send usps let me know. i will find a buyer! e mail me at [email protected]

thanks
-chuck

Same problems here in Finland, and I am currently looking for another XJ to build. Prices are RIDICULOUS compared to the states, but I here that in the non-Scandinavian countries they are much cheaper. We all want a $500 XJ, knowing that most of it gets replaced\upgraded, but I cant find one for less than 4000 Euros, and beat to hell and back. I have a vague idea that Germany is the place to get one, what do you say, Chucknes?

Back