• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker engine builder in North Gerogia?

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, my little 4.0 has finally said enough is enough last Thursday night. It started making a bad knocking noise and was diagnosed Friday afternoon with a problem in the bottom end either a cracked piston, broken skirt, or bad pin. So now I am trying to explore stroker engine options. I was quoted by the same shop to put in a reman for $2900 out the door. I see some mild stroker engines going for around $2800 and the shops install price for the engine was about $1000 so roughly $3800 for a stroker seems worth it. But this shop didn't recommend a stroker motor and that's not what they normally do. I would like to find a shop that is familiar with stroker engines either rebuilding mine, building new from scratch, or putting in a good crate engine. I don't have the means or the time to do this myself or I would. My Jeep is my daily so I need it back up and running as soon as possible. I don't have just an unlimited budget either so I want to try to keep to an affordable budget but worth the money. If anyone knows of a good place in North Georgia let me know! I live in Marietta so the closer the better but it is still driveable at the moment so I could probably drive it somewhere and worst case scenario I have a work truck and trailer we use to pull around our bobcat I can put it on to move it. Thanks in advance yall!

First person that comes to mind near North GA is Tyler. But you probably already knew that. I posted a link to an reputable engine builder in Johnston, SC in the weekend is over thread. I'd be interested in what you find. I have been recently asking around here and not finding a lot of people that will say yea use this guy......

First person that comes to mind near North GA is Tyler. But you probably already knew that. I posted a link to an reputable engine builder in Johnston, SC in the weekend is over thread. I'd be interested in what you find. I have been recently asking around here and not finding a lot of people that will say yea use this guy......

I have not heard of Tyler so if you would like to pass along his info I would love to give him a shout. Where is he located?

I am currently talking to Mike at Georgia Mountain Customs who is talking with his engine builder to see what it would cost for them to rebuild mine as a stroker.

Now I also talked with Russ Pottenger who owns Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines and he makes an amazing engine that can produce 275 HP and 325 torque on regular pump gas but his engine would cost me $3750. But he said he could build me a cylinder head and send me his rotating assembly for $1400! Along with notes on how he builds the engine so I could have someone local machine my block and assemble the engine! So I am going to talk with Mike tomorrow and see what that would cost me. I would love to rebuild mine and give my 4.0 a second chance at life since it was so good to me for so long.

Last edited:
Back