• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

startup issue

BCJeepGrl

NAXJA Forum User
2000 XJ Sport auto. I went wheeling yesterday. Nothing too crazy. I ripped off all my exhaust hangers so I decided it was time to head home before the exhaust broke comepletely. All was fine til I started it up the next day. It starts but immediately acts like it's going to shut off but then runs fine. It's never done this before. It doesn't stutter or choke. Just feels like it starts and almost as if I turned the key off right away. Lasts for like 2 seconds and then fine. Any ideas why this would happen?

2000 XJ Sport auto. I went wheeling yesterday. Nothing too crazy. I ripped off all my exhaust hangers so I decided it was time to head home before the exhaust broke comepletely. All was fine til I started it up the next day. It starts but immediately acts like it's going to shut off but then runs fine. It's never done this before. It doesn't stutter or choke. Just feels like it starts and almost as if I turned the key off right away. Lasts for like 2 seconds and then fine. Any ideas why this would happen?

Dids you damage the o2 sensors or their wiring ...is your exhaust crushed ...not much to damage. Besides the 02 sensors and wiring and possibly restricting the exhaust by crushing it .

Back