• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spark plugs on the cheap

for a 4.0l cherokee the only spark plugs that work well in the motor without causing any drivabilty problems are regular champion copper plugs and chrysler started to switch to ngk's in 2004 i think. bosch platinums and other plugs just dont seem to work right in the 4.0. at the dealer we saw so many problems caused by other spark plugs installed other then those too. im not a fan of champion plugs at all but with the chrysler products the work well.

Andy, just get champion truck plugs for it and call it good.

Champion Coppers are about $1.80 on RockAuto and they even have a $.50 each rebate form.

Andy, just get champion truck plugs for it and call it good.

does anyone have a good source for the truck plugs? I've found them to be "out of stock" or "unavailable" the last few times I've tried to get them. I think the last set I was able to order and receive was about a year ago.

I don't remember where I checked last time, but it was about 5-6 places that told me they couldn't get 'em:dunno:

Advance was able to order them last time I needed them. Like I said, I switched to NGK and have never looked back. Seem to be doing great.

that's the first place I tried last May (don't tell anyone, but I'm the general manager of an Advance:shhh:)

Admittedly, I haven't looked recently, but last time I got some, I had to order them from a second source company that only had 4 and also listed them as "discontinued"-- fortunately, they were for a 2.5l so 4 is all I needed!

how long ago did you get them??

Maybe a year and a half. I bought them in Hickory, NC. I guess it could be that the warehouse local to them just had a backstock. I have not looked recently.

Back