• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Source for Crankshaft woodruff key?

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
No tech here just looking for the crank woodruff key. I've found only this part number

Did you try your local dealer?

Engine rebuilder?

It would probably cost more in shipping to buy it on-line and have it shipped to you. Dealer can likely have it in a couple of days.

I haven't tried them yet I live about 20 miles from town so I'd like to get the dimensions or part numbers before I head down tomorrow.

That part number should be good. Comes up in two different catalogs, with or without the first zero depending on where you look. "Key, crankshaft sprocket". No dimensions or anything listed, seems to be the same for either the 2.5 or 4.0.

That's a legit part number for a 91/06 4.0L engine.

Thank you sir!

This reminds me of how I got one of my first 81 Yota P/U.. Back in 04 A co worker of mine was rebuilding the H22 in his parents Prelude. He misplaced the woodruff key. And told me if I could find or get him one he would give me the truck. Basically, he put a new head on the truck after he bought it, wouldn't smog blah blah. The dealer next door was a Honda dealer. Called them up, 2$ and change. Would take a day to get. Told him I found one. Was kind of frustrated when I told him how much. But he had lots of vehicles already.

If anyone runs into this my woodruff key is
3/16" by 11/16" for both the balancer and the crank sprocket

Last edited:
Back