• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So ya know what I've figured out...

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
The other day I rode in a lifted XJ for the first time. This was one where the rear end had been screwed up and was whining to where it deafened you because it hadn't been lifted correctly. Anywho, what I realized is lifted XJs ride just as well or better than stock height XJs. I never thought that was possible but I noticed like no difference(minus the howling) between that Jeep and mine. So that means that I can finally justify putting a lift kit on mine. Excellent. Just thought I'd share. Any comments?

87CherokeeChief said:
yea.....hurry up and lift it!! you will be pleased! just do it right as you said and everything will be cool.

Yeah man thats what I'm thinking. I'm just annoyed that less than 6 months ago I replaced all 4 shocks and the leafs. But hey, its a Jeep might as well lift it!

87CherokeeChief said:
you will be pleased!

some one promised me pleasure...

i need it...

It is also easy to mess up the ride quality... make sure you do it right the first time.

Lawn Cher' said:
It is also easy to mess up the ride quality... make sure you do it right the first time.

X2..... dont forget that it is YOUR jeep.. sure you will get all kinds of "you should do it this way" suggestions.. dont skimp on parts.. do it right and do it good, take it out and wheel the hell out of it and dont forget to post up some pics when you're done.... good luck

jeepinandy said:
X2..... dont forget that it is YOUR jeep.. sure you will get all kinds of "you should do it this way" suggestions.. dont skimp on parts.. do it right and do it good, take it out and wheel the hell out of it and dont forget to post up some pics when you're done.... good luck

Yeah I'm gonna make sure it's done right. If I do add a leafs I'm gonna get the proper clamps to hold the springs together again and stuff like that. When I get the lift I'm probably gonna see if someone from the midwest chapter will help me so if anyone that would be willing to help reads this let me know.

Actually if it rode that well it wasn't lifted too badly...

Get your linkages right (control arms and track bar) and pay attention to the shackle angle in back - if these two items are done right it will greatly improve comfort.

Also different spring manufactures have different ratings. If I recall OME is supposed to be the softest major player out there.

Sequoia

Back