• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So sick of getting pushed around!!

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
So, there's this cracked out tow truck driver who's mom lives in our apartment complex. He's comes late at night and drops off abandoned/stolen vehicles in the parking spot next to my wife's. They sit for 3-5 days and he tows them away and brings a new one. After we started to see a pattern, we complained to the apt. manager. She did nothing. We complained everytime a new one came... still nothing. About 20 cars later, we call the tow truck company. They blow us off. We call back and the guy says he'll take care of it. So, he calls this dirt bag and tells him where we live, my wife's first name, and that she works for the Sheriffs department (which my wife had told him). 2 days later, her car gets broken into!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Billy

ignorant people that dont repect peoples property is one of the few things i cant tolerate. sorry to hear

Did you try code enforcement?

JeepFreak21 said:
Yeah, their process is really slow though. Besides, now the abandoned vehicles are the least of our worries. Now he knows what apartment we're in and sh!t.

Yeah, that's never a good thing.

Question: how many vehicles are being stored there? Is it just one at a time or multiple vehicles? I'm not entirely certain since it sounded like he was only using the space next to where your wife parks, but got the impression there may be more than one vehicle involved.

The vehicles that are being left there - are they obvious junkers, or likely to be overflow from the towing yard (i.e., tags are current, not covered in months of parking dust, etc.)?

Reason I ask is that you've got three options as I see it right now:

1) Code enforcement. Lengthy and you'll have to keep on top of them to get any action, but entirely doable depending on your local regs.

2) If the manager won't do anything about the problem, go over her head and take the issue straight to the leasing company. Explain to them that you've tried to have her reconcile the situation, but that she seemed either unwilling or incapable of doing so. I'd bet that this guy's actions would qualify as operating a business from an area zoned as residential, and your leasing company probably has something the lease against that; bringing in the vehicles probably also violates some other clause. Besides, she's probably been doing her best not to let the leasing company find out about it - she doesn't want them know how incompetent she is at keeping the tenants in line at the very least; worse than that she may be getting kickbacks from the guy to let him keep the cars there.

3) This is why I was asking if the vehicles looked as though they were being driven: go to the DMV, spend the $6 (or whatever it is these days), and have them look up the registered owner's info based on the licence plate. Contact the RO and let them know where their vehicle is; my understanding is that state law (though I'm not a lawyer, so research this for accuracy; it may be municipality-by-municipality) requires that a towed vehicle be kept at the address registered with the local authorities for the amount of time that it is in their posession prior to being recovered by the owner, liened, or junked. If they're moving cars off the yard, they could be in for a whole wealth of unpleasantness because at that point it's GTA. If nothing else, it could lead to the RO yelling at the tow company as well as to the authorities; more vocal support never hurts in cases like these.

BTW, does this tow company do any contract work for either the city or county?

Are you afraid? Get a gun. That, or move if you are chicken. Move in to a house with some property... and have lots of guns and defend it against all enemies (feoreign and domestic). End of story. Do not let scum push you around.... just beware of what is legal and all.

JeepFreak21 said:
So, there's this cracked out tow truck driver who's mom lives in our apartment complex. He's comes late at night and drops off abandoned/stolen vehicles in the parking spot next to my wife's. They sit for 3-5 days and he tows them away and brings a new one. After we started to see a pattern, we complained to the apt. manager. She did nothing. We complained everytime a new one came... still nothing. About 20 cars later, we call the tow truck company. They blow us off. We call back and the guy says he'll take care of it. So, he calls this dirt bag and tells him where we live, my wife's first name, and that she works for the Sheriffs department (which my wife had told him). 2 days later, her car gets broken into!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Billy

you need to complain the the police department and or towing regulatorary agency not othe the mother of the jerk. It is against state and local regulatons in 95% of the country to store TOWED vehicles in residential areas

jsut go th the right agency and stop your whining!

casm said:
Question: how many vehicles are being stored there? Is it just one at a time or multiple vehicles? I'm not entirely certain since it sounded like he was only using the space next to where your wife parks, but got the impression there may be more than one vehicle involved.

The vehicles that are being left there - are they obvious junkers, or likely to be overflow from the towing yard (i.e., tags are current, not covered in months of parking dust, etc.)?

Reason I ask is that you've got three options as I see it right now:

BTW, does this tow company do any contract work for either the city or county?

Usually 1 to 2 vehicles at a time... usually one. They're here for 3-5 days and then swapped out for another POS... which is why everyone is having a hard time getting rid of them. They are obvious junkers. Broken windows, broken ignitions, convertable tops down in the rain, flat tires, cob webs, long expired registration, etc...
My wife works closely with code enforcement, but they still haven't been helpful. We're not sure if this tow company does county/city work, but we're going to find out. Why do you ask?
Billy

Glenn said:
Are you afraid? Get a gun. That, or move if you are chicken. Move in to a house with some property... and have lots of guns and defend it against all enemies (feoreign and domestic). End of story. Do not let scum push you around.... just beware of what is legal and all.

We're afraid of our stuff getting stolen when we're not home most of all. Should I just buy a gun and quit my job, sit here all day waiting for the guy? If there was any possible way for us to move into a house, we would have done it long before this (and for unrelated reasons)!!
Billy

xjnation said:
you need to complain the the police department and or towing regulatorary agency not othe the mother of the jerk. It is against state and local regulatons in 95% of the country to store TOWED vehicles in residential areas
jsut go th the right agency and stop your whining!

We've already spoken to both. The police say that the DA isn't going to pursue such a case and they've got more important things to deal with. The owner of the tow company is pleading ignorant and nobody seems to care. I never mentioned (or considered) complaining to the guy's mom.
Billy

Good old white trash, destroying everything around. Cant help but get pissed anymore. I got a nearby ranch that just had several trailer loads of flattened cars go out, and yes the smasher is on their property also running day and night. Sherrif says there an investigation on going, dont do much good now does it? Afraid to bitch to much, might cause a hatfield /mcoy event, which is how it ends up in my neck of the woods. Trying to get the sherrif out is like pulling chicken teeth, unless you shoot someone.
Sounds like its time for good old Backwoods justice, send the puke my way, Ill feed him to the hogs.

JeepFreak21 said:
We've already spoken to both. The police say that the DA isn't going to pursue such a case and they've got more important things to deal with. The owner of the tow company is pleading ignorant and nobody seems to care. I never mentioned (or considered) complaining to the guy's mom.
Billy

Keep going up the chain then. If you are seriously sick of being pushed around... run up the chain of command. You are in Sacratomato.... plenty of politicians around there... State Capitol and all.... it may take some effort, but there is sone politician that will understand your issue. BTW... DA... he has higher ups... the LAW. Point it out and pursue it.

I can think of several ways to go about it. Most illegal, but they WILL get the attention of people around you. Like you said, it's a matter of how low do you want to go.

Sounds like you need some 15 Min. flares.

they will reduce a car to a smoking heap in UNDER 15 min.

Burn a few, and I'll BET that he stops.

Storydude said:
Sounds like you need some 15 Min. flares.

they will reduce a car to a smoking heap in UNDER 15 min.

Burn a few, and I'll BET that he stops.

great idea, just move your car first

Back