• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skid Plate...

Mediaslave

NAXJA Forum User
So u won't see it unless i'm climbing ur hood... but I decided to paint my skid plate.

IMG_20120302_125733.jpg

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee519/mediaslave/IMG_20120302_125449-1.jpg

It would be a shame if it got all scratched up.

There are some who crawls walls and others who crawls malls. He will be fine.

I did mine in black bedliner from a spray can, so far not a mark on it and I know I hit it a few times eheh.

The OP skid looks great though.

is that a gas tank skid or an engine skid? I can't tell...

is that a gas tank skid or an engine skid? I can't tell...

It is an engine skid. I love the design, the creativity. It is a shame I am not that creative,...artistic. I too have never hit my skid but I do not do hard core off road or mud.

Thanks for the comments... but Thank You mostly for all your help on this xj from hell I Aquired year ago...
Yes, this is my engine/steering skid plate...
No, I don't care if it gets "damaged".../ did it because I can being an "artist & all"
Haven't really been to the "mall" since high-school...

Just celebrating this "Heep" with some art that represents her journey back from hell.

Weather you know it or not you'all have helped me bring her back from the dead by having such a great community...
In the last year, by reading your posts, I have done:

Oil pressure sending unit
Tune up... napa brass cap/rotor champion plugs, accell 8mm wires
ignition coil
Crown manifold, downpipe, magnaflow cat, dynomax turbo catback system
ckp,cmp,tps&up/down o2
trackbar&steering stabilizer
Front gold pads rotor turn and rear gold shoe,kit and drum turn
front diff. drain/fill cover paint, rear diff. Same
transmission filter, drain/fill +gasket
transfer case new dexmec as well...
Reindexed dizzy
replaced headliner
Kenwood exelon/MB qu
art harass soundsystem
30" duratracs
And lots of others I can't quite recall at the moment...

You guys are awesome and I thank you!

Thanks for the comments... but Thank You mostly for all your help on this xj from hell I Aquired year ago...
Yes, this is my engine/steering skid plate...
No, I don't care if it gets "damaged".../ did it because I can being an "artist & all"
Haven't really been to the "mall" since high-school...

Just celebrating this "Heep" with some art that represents her journey back from hell.

Weather you know it or not you'all have helped me bring her back from the dead by having such a great community...
In the last year, by reading your posts, I have done:

Oil pressure sending unit
Tune up... napa brass cap/rotor champion plugs, accell 8mm wires
ignition coil
Crown manifold, downpipe, magnaflow cat, dynomax turbo catback system
ckp,cmp,tps&up/down o2
trackbar&steering stabilizer
Front gold pads rotor turn and rear gold shoe,kit and drum turn
front diff. drain/fill cover paint, rear diff. Same
transmission filter, drain/fill +gasket
transfer case new dexmec as well...
Reindexed dizzy
replaced headliner
Kenwood exelon/MB qu
art harass soundsystem
30" duratracs
And lots of others I can't quite recall at the moment...

You guys are awesome and I thank you!

awesome!

Nice work! Going red would be a nice thank you!

Good point cotton...

I would be honored to be a "real member" not just some Guy who thought it would be cool to have an XJ and ask all day long how to do this and that and the other...

I have spent night after night reading threds after thread that even remotely related to the problems I have encountered.... not wanting to be the Guy who steps in asking where the cereal isle is, standing right in front of it....

I'm amazed at the patience of your core members with blatent ignorance.

If you search and read and discern... chances are you can fix your problem... and if you can't then maybe an XJ isn't for you.

Will be proud to wear those stickers.... next $35 is going to you... NAXJA has saved me 10x that!

I would probably have painted it on the hood... was my only straight body panel until a hailstorm in Indiana :doh:

Got big plans for the rest of the body... mostly smoke coming off that fire with demons,ghosts,spirits and such... true journey from hell!#

Is that airbrushed?

Good point cotton...

I would be honored to be a "real member" not just some Guy who thought it would be cool to have an XJ and ask all day long how to do this and that and the other...

I have spent night after night reading threds after thread that even remotely related to the problems I have encountered.... not wanting to be the Guy who steps in asking where the cereal isle is, standing right in front of it....

I'm amazed at the patience of your core members with blatent ignorance.

If you search and read and discern... chances are you can fix your problem... and if you can't then maybe an XJ isn't for you.

Will be proud to wear those stickers.... next $35 is going to you... NAXJA has saved me 10x that!

...and what a great time to become a Member

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1079502

Yes it's airbrushed... first time actually. Did it in black&white then covered it all in house of kolor red kandy.

Hopefully I can get registered before the week ends... waiting on some checks in the mail.

Back