• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Serp Belt

Trail Yeti

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced my power steering system with a PSC unit, including the 4-1/2" diameter billet pulley. I searched all over for various belt sizes and thought I had a close length, but it's too short. The stock pulley is 5-1/4" in diameter, so I subtracted the difference and came up with 3-3/8" shorter. Not sure what that would translate to as far as belt size.

Stock '96 XJ Belt-Mopar 53010315-95.08"- too long
Stock 99-02 TJ- Mopar 4854033AB- 92.32"- too short

Anybody ever used this pulley? What a pain in the arse. Took PSC three pulleys to get it right and even then I had to Dremel some of it to get one of the mounting bolts to work. Plus other "clearancing" to make the pump fit right. They were nice and prompt about it though.

I'm thinking about a belt 93.7" could work, but I haven't seen them. I'm sure there is a 6-rib belt close for a Chevy, Ford or something. Just need a belt and plumb up the new fin tube cooler to the new PS lines and get the Royal Purple Syn fluid bled.

What year is your rig? Short belt!

I removed a 101" belt for a 98" belt when i did PSC steering.

Back