• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Selling the Cherokee to start a new project!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atl-Atl

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have found another project I'd like to start so if I can sell the XJ quickly I'll be all over it. I am a motivated seller, someone please buy this! ;) Located in Madison Wisconsin $4800 or best offer.

99 XJ 149,xxx on the ticker. 4.0/AW4/231. Started out as a Sport model, has power everything, doors windows mirrors etc. Has remote keyless entry with remote start! Clear title in hand, ready to sell, sold as is, no warranty of any kind.

This Jeep has no problem cruising down the highway at 70mph, it is currently my daily driver, gets decent mileage with the gears and manual hubs in front. Has never death wobbled on me, ever, not a single time. It drives straight and does not scrub the tires. I recently drove it from Madison WI to St Louis and back in the same day, as well as from Madison to The Badlands in Attica IN wheeled it for 2 days and drove back to Madison without a single issue.

I just installed the built front axle, 456 gears, JCR bumper, front coil spacers and bumpstops, wheels and tires as well as a few other things. I have spent $3000 on this Jeep in the last month!!!

Drivetrain
-HP30 with 456s, Lockright, Warn manual hubs, Warn alloy inners and outers, DOM crossover steering with Heims and aftermarket stabilizer, front u joint converted to strap style, new brake pads 1000 miles ago when I swapped this axle in.
-8.25 with 456s, open, stock 29 spline shafts, ZJ discs, brand new U bolts, RE centerpins and billet steel 4 degree shims.
-231 with Advanced Adapters SYE and 39 tooth speedo gear that matches current gearing/tires. No crappy transfer case drop!
-Stock front XJ driveshafts front and rear with a spare included.
-American Racing black steel D-window wheels, 15x10.
-Mickey Thomson Baja Claws 33x12.50 15 with less than 2000 miles on them.

Suspension
-Iron Rock Offroad double-shear trackbar conversion, this thing is BEEFY.
-Stock pitman arm, perfect angle with draglink, no bumpsteer.
-RE Superide fixed lower control arms.
-RE 3.5" springs with .75" spacers.
-Stock front brake lines with the hardline relocated, no crappy relocation brackets! Plenty of slack in the lines at full droop.
-RE 3" front lower bumpstops, work perfectly with the current 33s and trimming, front tires stop about 1/2" from hitting the fender and only rub a tiny bit on the inner wheel wells.
-RE 3.5" full leafs, stock shackles.
-RE stainless rear brake line.
-I have extended rear bumpstops but they are not installed yet, they will be included.
-DT3000 shocks front and rear with poly bushings
-No front swaybar
-Flexes very well even with just rubber bushings not flex joints in front, the nice part is you don't have to worry about adjusting or wearing out flex joints!

Engine
-Homebrew intake.
-Stainless steel aftermarket exhaust manifold.
-Custom exhaust using Magnaflow high flow stainless cat and Rugged Ridge fully welded offroad specific muffler. This muffler is as tough as a skidplate! Dump after the muffler, no tailpipe to knock on the rear axle and looks much better at the back of the Jeep with no tailpipe.
-A/C is not currently charged, I replaced the compressor last summer and it was a mild summer so I didn't use it.
-Heat blows hot, wipers and sprayers work front and rear, rear window defroster works.
-Engine runs strong, has no trouble pulling from a stop up to a 70 mph highway merge.

Body
-Looks great from 10 feet away! but has blemishes.
-The drivers side has been repaired from an accident, I am not trying to hide anything, title is and has always been clear.
-Factory paint color is "flame" red. (I think that's what the brighter red is called.)
-Debadged except for "Jeep" on header panel.
-There are a couple small rust spots that have been repaired, there are a couple small ones that haven't been repaired.
-Drivers side floorboards are rusty and need repair.
-Back of drivers side rocker has a rusty section.
-Front has been trimmed to where the top of the fender flare used to be and the drivers fender has a big dent. Front pinch seam has been folded over and was sealed with body filler so dirt moisture and debris will not get in.
-Rear has the "cut and fold" done at the "lip"
-Front bumper is the older style JCR "prerunner" bumper. Has two D ring tabs, prerunner bar with two light tabs and full unibody tie in brackets.
-Currently has fender flares made out of lawn edging, work pretty well, don't look too bad, was inexpensive and is reversible, no holes in the fenders!
-Rear bumper is stock with the plastic corners trimmed.
-Rockers and lower doors have been sprayed with textured black underbody coating, front wheelwells have been painted black.
-Windshield was leaking a little so I ran a bead of caulk around it, doesnt leak in the most powerful of car washes now!
-Factory tint on all rear windows, none on front windows.
-Hidden Hitch 2" hitch in rear, not an obnoxious hanging down one, its pretty much hidden, just like the name says. Wiring included.
-Factory roof rack and I can include Thule towers and crossbars if wanted. They are not currently installed.
-IPF H4 conversion headlights, waaay better than stock.

Interior
-Dark grey color
-Custom digi camo headliner
-Just intalled a Cobra DX19IV CB
-Alpine CD headunit with ipod hookup, XM ready
-JBL speakers in stock locations.
-2 10" xtant subs in enclosed box with a JBL amp.
-Factory owners manual included!
-Front passengers window switch only works sporadically but it does work every time from the main drivers switch.
-All lights inside and out work.

If I realize I left anything out I will add as soon as I remember. Some of the picturs show the new fender flares, some dont. On to the pics...

6964688235_d6940ec15d_z.jpg

6964688197_e259a1a7c2_z.jpg

6818567456_0fdaa0339b_z.jpg

6818565760_14cb79e1dd_z.jpg

6959565179_b6788e9cab_z.jpg

More pics

6966945465_ffdd1e984b_z.jpg

Jeep does sit level, the parking lot is on a hill!
6966945537_6c70782a14_z.jpg

6820825276_056d8910b4_z.jpg

6820825180_5ecf766118_z.jpg

6820825092_7f93318135_z.jpg

6820825008_e1a6e8df7f_z.jpg

WOW nice Jeep...love a later model XJ in Red!

Perfect compromise between a street (daily driver) and very trail capable XJ!

Good luck with the sale! :yelclap:

Jeep has been generating interest but nobody has gone for it yet. Price drop to $4000obo, I'm getting close to desperate, someone please give this Jeep a new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back