• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Schedule

Cnickgo

Do you need assistance?
I'm going to copy the schedule from last year. Obviously it will need to be expanded and modified some, but I wanted to get some input from veterans as well as newcomers. What worked, what didn't? What would you like to see changed? I personally would like to start earlier in the day to get the most out of wheeling, but it seems the current start time has been difficult enough for people to drag their lazy bums out of bed.

"It is imperative that you are on time for the drivers meeting completely ready to hit the trail. Rigs should be lined up prior to the driver's meeting. Group leaders please lead by example. Being prompt and keeping to schedule will get people the most time on the trails.

Thursday (unofficial day)

Mid morning lead out ride for those who are there.
After dinner I will have my SWR meter and multimeter and will offer a CB tuning session to have people ready for the trails.

Friday:

9:00-9:15 gather for the drivers meeting
9:15-9:30 driver/safety meeting
9:30 first group heads up mountain
10:00 last group goes up the mountain
10:00-? Wheeling. Return time is up to the group leaders.
6:30 Potluck and group photo

Saturday:

9:00-9:15 gather for drivers meeting
9:15-9:30 driver/safety meeting
9:30 first group heads up the mountain
10:00 last group heads up the mountain
10:30 to 4:00 wheeling
4:30 back in camp
6:30 catered meal
7:15 awards
7:30 raffle"

Might not be a bad idea to have organized trails on thursday and have unorganized stuff on wednesday...depending on how many people are going to be there early...

I'm not one for anything earlier in the morning either lol

on vacation...

mac 'just a thought' gyvr

I would agree that an unorganized day would be nice as well, most likely earlier in the event since we've already events lined up that require more organization towards the end.

As for an earlier start time, i'm not one for it either. Not because i'm lazy, but because this too is my main vacation for the year. It would be nice not to be rushed around the entire time.

Looks like the majority of the people are getting in on Wednesday. Is the plan still to leave Wednesday as an unorganized day?

My plan is to play on Wednesday and maybe try some stuff with a smaller group. Then on Thursday run the trail to Kingdom Come. Friday and Saturday loop the mountain from different directions and getting to different lookouts.

If there was someone that could run a group around the mountain on Wednesday, maybe a late morning start since a few will be there that early...might not be a bad idea.

mac 'maybe ed just volunteered to do that :)' gyvr

I will post up a final(?) schedule by the end of the day tomorrow including Wed.

If there was someone that could run a group around the mountain on Wednesday, maybe a late morning start since a few will be there that early...might not be a bad idea.

mac 'maybe ed just volunteered to do that :)' gyvr

I will take people out to play on Wednesday. I'd like to go into Evarts and check it out since I've never been past the check in station there. What kind of departure time were you thinking?

I'm also wanting to try some stuff I wouldn't attempt in a regular let ride.

With all this leading rides and burning gas, I may come up shy on raffle ticket money.....oh say, might volunteers get a few free tickets.

Last edited:
Sometime after I sober up...

srsly I'll be game for anything.

Just thought for those that came to wheel on Wednesday, it would be nice to have a ride up the mountain organized.

mac 'gas from manifold burritos?' gyvr

Looks like the majority of the people are getting in on Wednesday. Is the plan still to leave Wednesday as an unorganized day?

I meant, is it the plan to still leave THURSDAY as an unorganized day. Proofread status - FAIL

I will post up a final(?) schedule by the end of the day tomorrow including Wed.

Check with Nate before you post it. Looking at the "family friendly activities" thread, he's trying to get zip lining set up for those with kids or those that just want to zip line. That should get put on the schedule if he can pre-arrange it.

As far as my riding goes, Mark and I are planning to run Wednesday and Thursday so if people want to ride there will be a leader (I guess you can call me that) for those days. Wednesday will be on the mountain and Thursday will be the Kingdom Come ride.

I meant, is it the plan to still leave THURSDAY as an unorganized day. Proofread status - FAIL

Check with Nate before you post it. Looking at the "family friendly activities" thread, he's trying to get zip lining set up for those with kids or those that just want to zip line. That should get put on the schedule if he can pre-arrange it.

Wednesday would be the unofficial day.

i would put the address of the harlan center on your schedule

mac 'looks good!' gyvr

My plan is to play on Wednesday and maybe try some stuff with a smaller group. Then on Thursday run the trail to Kingdom Come. Friday and Saturday loop the mountain from different directions and getting to different lookouts.

When will you be leaving for Kingdom Come on Thursday?

I haven't really thought about it. I will have to look at the route and see what kind of time we will need. I figured around 9 but may need to adjust depending on what all there is to see.

As someone who has never been to Harlan before, I would suggest posting up where the groups are meeting in the morning as everyone may not be staying at the campground.

Mac is right, really can't miss it. Drivers meeting will be at the SEC tent which I will update with that. Groups will then line up with their respective flags. What flag colors do we have?

Pm jeepguy91 and ask what colors they have.

mac 'it's almost here!' gyvr

Back