• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saran wrap closed?!

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
So last night gsxrs4life and I decided to go see if old stage was clearing up at all. And for the record the answer is no. It sucks up there.

But we got to the ER/SW clearing and there was one of those white 'don't go up here' posts blocking Saran wrap. WTF?! Anyone k ow where to get more info on this or why the he'll they'd close it?

Would be a shame if it is in fact closed. I never got a chance to run it. Still haven't finished eagle rock, either. :p We're going to have to go back later this spring.

Ya I don't see any reason why that trail would be closed. Wanted to go check the trailhead of eagle rock but the snow was too deep for my lil stocker and I did t feel like spending hours getting gsxrs4life unstuck again.

Bummer thats a fun trail! I'll make a call one of the clubs I'm in always does a clean up day on ER and saran! I'll see what I can find out.

Most of it fairly easy, but there are parts that get fairly difficult. Especially by the end o the season when it's all dug out. Remember our NAXJA trip where we had to winch three rigs in a row and Troy was cowering in fear at the thought of my ujoints flying off and hitting him in the head? Fun times.

That was eagle rock. I was on that run and like Troy I was also hiding behind a tree just waiting for the ujoints to let go.

yep -- ER. There was an awful lot of stockish rigs with an awful lot of wheel spin going on that day - amazing there wasn't any significant breakage. :guitar:

That wasnt the day where I broke my back windshield right??

That wasnt the day where I broke my back windshield right??

:dunno: it was the day that Surf committed vile acts of cooler abuse...:laugh2:

Maybe Saran is closed temporarily. I imagine that steep uphill part becomes quite a spring thaw water trough and erosion is probably a fairly big issue. Maybe it'll be open later in the season? :dunno:

aw now, my ribbing was good natured -- that's just mean.:gag::cheers:

Maybe Saran is closed temporarily. I imagine that steep uphill part becomes quite a spring thaw water trough and erosion is probably a fairly big issue. Maybe it'll be open later in the season? :dunno:

You'd think they'd close ER first. It's way more challenging than Saran. Hmm. May need to go back up and check out if ER is blocked off. :dunno:

I wonder if SW/ER is going to fall to the same fate as LeftHand Carnage. Its a nearby and fin trail and sees a lot of action and abuse. Thats what did LeftHand in, and SW/ER might be next.

There are a couple different entrances to SW, one i know of is a little further to the west on Gold Camp Rd to the next northerly trail. Its kinda Gnarly but I have passed thru a few times.

Ya I did t go look at that one. Next time I'm up there I will

Back