• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Runs 2009

Phil

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Jan

Feb

March
-- Shaver Lake Cabin trip - 06 Mar 2009 and 07 Mar 2009
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=982036

April

May

June
-- SlickRock / Deer Valley -
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=982932

July
Rubicon run?

August
-- Sierrafest - 28 AUG 2009 Thru 30 AUG 2009

Sept
Fordyce run, perhaps with the FOF guys.

Oct
Fall Fling - Moab Utah - Oct 6-12 - National event

Nov
Toys for tots - First weekend, Hollister Hills + Prairie City venues.

Dec

And of course anyone is free to post up runs of their own, as we've been seeing a little already.

I know with the changing schedules and work, family etc.. setting dates can be extremly difficult. But how would we go about setting up a "fundraising event" in say mid-late May when the temp starts getting up? It might sound kinda High Schoolish, but a car wash / BBQ (if we get enough people to turn up with their rigs) would be a nice family meet and greet, as well as a way to get NAXJA out there in the public, and see that we arent just an off-road group that tears through the wild ripping things up. We actually put back and take care of it too. But i am Just the FNG of the chapter so slap me around if we need to do this a different way.

I know with the changing schedules and work, family etc.. setting dates can be extremly difficult. But how would we go about setting up a "fundraising event" in say mid-late May when the temp starts getting up? It might sound kinda High Schoolish, but a car wash / BBQ (if we get enough people to turn up with their rigs) would be a nice family meet and greet, as well as a way to get NAXJA out there in the public, and see that we arent just an off-road group that tears through the wild ripping things up. We actually put back and take care of it too. But i am Just the FNG of the chapter so slap me around if we need to do this a different way.
I like your idea but you are way too far for me lol... but then again i am just a forum user... i cant afford to join yet. work is really slow right now...

You can try and get with guys in the local area and set something up. We are spread all over the state, so i am pretty sure people wouldnt expect everyone from the chapter to meet in one location. Thats not always feasable.

there are actually very few down here... most are from fresno and up

I've wheeled a few times with the guys from Bakersfield Trail Blazers, and they are stand up guys that know what they're doing, and are a blast to wheel with.

I know that Goatman on here hangs out with them, might send him a PM and see if you can get some contact info.
:cheers:

http://naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=56

well there are the local clubs here there are three that i know of, Trail blazers, infectious, and High Road Enterprises. There arent really that many xjs down here that actually wheel them. I am with High Road Enterprises and i am starting to associating with Infectious too.

There arent really that many xjs down here that actually wheel them.

I think there might be another person with an XJ that might wheel down there:

DSC_0476.jpg

I think he only takes the easy trails:

DSC_0484.jpg

ya i know about him.... but have never met him... i know a few guys from here with xjs but have only wheeled with 3 of them. there are quite a few guys down here with Rubicons though

If I didnt know better i would say wheelin is wheelin, but its always nice to go out with people who know your rig. I think i have only gone wheelin with 2 other XJ's, most of the time its with a Wrangler and a full size Dodge (work buddies). When i get a three day weekend and have some extra cash We gotta meet in the middle somewhere and hit a trail or two.

ya man totally. I have wheeled with two other xjs and a yj on a trip and then a bunch of tjs and i was the only xj. My main thing is that i want to do a big run like an entire weekend on wheeling and no one around here wants to do it

I would love to, but, i work the weekends and with a baby due in a month I am kinda SOL for a bit. Baby takes Priority. That and the heap is down till i get a new slave cylinder in it. Pay day cant get here fast enough. But probably sometime this summer i am game. Just let me know.

ya i replaced mine not too long ago... Ya i know what its like with kids lol i have a 2 year old and a 3 month old... But ya man i am thinking of heading up that way in about a month or so. Maybe we can meet up or something then just to check out each others rigs

Definantly. I will have the rig back up tomorrow. Gonna spend the day dropping the tranny, fixing the slave cylinder, and checking anything else under there that might be FUBAR. With the weather as nice as it has been lately I am wasting trail days galore. If you are ever up this way before then gimmie a holler. 602-558-1560. if you call during the day and i dont answer. just wait till after 3pm. I work in a secure facility and cant have cell phones inside. :rtm:

ya man totally. I have wheeled with two other xjs and a yj on a trip and then a bunch of tjs and i was the only xj. My main thing is that i want to do a big run like an entire weekend on wheeling and no one around here wants to do it

Not so. It is winter time and there is snow up in the hills. There really isnt anything worth doing until the snow melts. There really isnt anyplace to go for an entire weekend, except the desert. Give it time, probably around the end of May things will pick up. Ebb and flow. That is just the way it is.

Just wondering if a Rubicon trip is still in the works or has it fallen off the calender for July?

Just wondering if a Rubicon trip is still in the works or has it fallen off the calender for July?

If you mean the mid-week one I was trying to set up... it's a no-go. I had a few setbacks with a $500 exhaust bill and a power steering gear that took a crap.

I do really want to get out there though, so I'm up for rescheduling.

Billy

I am game for just about anything. My dad has had some problems recently and he comes first. I know that there is a Lost Coast Run planned for the 20 something weekend this month that I want to do.

Just because it is Labor Day doesn't mean I stay in until spring. I wheel and camp year round

Back