• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ring and pinion installers in the Atlanta area?

xjustinx

NAXJA Forum User
Contacted 4wheel parts already and got a quote. Wanted to see if there are any other recommendations for a hp D30 ring and pinion install in the Atlanta area. Im in the Paulding/Cobb area but willing to drive. Just trying to feel out prices cause Im new to the Jeep game :wave:

What price did they give you?

Local shops around here charge about $175-$200 per axle if you bring them the axle out of the Jeep.

Plus parts, of course.

How hard do you wheel it and on what tire size?

The reason I ask is because 4WP offers a pretty awesome warranty if you are gonna really wheel hard with a D30 and expect to push the limits and break R&P sets.
I have broken many D30 gear sets and every time I would drop it off at 4WP, pick it up the next day with all new stuff, 100% under warranty!

If you just trail ride and daily drive, go to Tyler and save money, and get your axle done by the best in the business. But if you break it don't expect Tyler to reset it up for free.

Last edited:
What part of Atlanta are you in? I'm in the Doraville area, there are a few XJ guys around.

:cheers:

I'm pretty sure its another $300 on top of the bill, but it covers everything they replace from my understanding. For just gearing one axle, it probably isn't worth it. I could see buying it if you had them install a lift, gears, lockers, drive shafts, etc all at once. Then its kinda a no brainer.

I do guarantee my work though... So for example if the pinion bearings went out after 200 miles, that's on me. But if you break it wheeling, its on you. However, most of the parts I sell do have some sort of waranty, and I do take care of that for you should something tear up.

The last time I bought it, 4 plus years ago, it was %10 of the total invoice price up to $295 on any single ticket. It may have changed since then.

When I first started with project "Floyd" I had 4WP do the ARB and R&P installs in both axles on the same ticket when I bought everything else, Alloy Axles, Rubicon Express lift, drive shafts, Bushwacker fenders flares(waste of money on a trail rig!).

It was a pretty big ticket $ wise, so the $295 for a warranty that covers all the parts and their labor on the gears was a no brainer.

I planned to wheel hard and fully expected to break parts.

The money they lost was enormous!

Warrantied parts including labor to install.........

2 Dana 30 gear sets with master install kits.
1 8.8 gear set with master install kit.
1 Dana 30 ARB.
1 8.8 ARB.
1 rear drive shaft.
3 Alloy USA inner Dana 30 shafts.
2 Alloy USA stub Dana 30 shafts.
1 passenger side Superior Super8.8 rear shaft.

I think that is about it.

Last edited:
The last time I bought it, 4 plus years ago, it was %10 of the total invoice price up to $295 on any single ticket. It may have changed since then.

When I first started with project "Floyd" I had 4WP do the ARB and R&P installs in both axles on the same ticket when I bought everything else, Alloy Axles, Rubicon Express lift, drive shafts, Bushwacker fenders flares(waste of money on a trail rig!).

It was a pretty big ticket $ wise, so the $295 for a warranty that covers all the parts and their labor on the gears was a no brainer.

I planned to wheel hard and fully expected to break parts.

The money they lost was enormous!

Warrantied parts including labor to install.........

2 Dana 30 gear sets with master install kits.
1 8.8 gear set with master install kit.
1 Dana 30 ARB.
1 8.8 ARB.
1 rear drive shaft.
3 Alloy USA inner Dana 30 shafts.
2 Alloy USA stub Dana 30 shafts.
1 passenger side Superior Super8.8 rear shaft.

I think that is about it.

Man you used the warranty well! My truck def isnt gonna be as hardcore as yours. Like you said mostly trails and DD road duty, so the extra warranty prob wouldnt be needed.

Tyler is only an hour or so from north Atlanta.

Go see him, he will do the best job for the best deal.

I have the same problem. The jeep I bought is making "clucking" noise and the previous owner recommended rebuilding or replacing the front differential.

The ring & pinion apparently.. If I buy the parts - is there any good mechanic in GA that you guys can suggest? I'll drive where ever.

Or should I just go to a average joe shop and get robbed blind..

HELP!!!

I have the same problem. The jeep I bought is making "clucking" noise and the previous owner recommended rebuilding or replacing the front differential.

The ring & pinion apparently.. If I buy the parts - is there any good mechanic in GA that you guys can suggest? I'll drive where ever.

Or should I just go to a average joe shop and get robbed blind..

HELP!!!

I ended up having Mild2wild customs in Powder Springs do my ring and pinion. Good guys over there, had it back to me in less than 24hr.
www.mild2wild4x4customs.com

I charge $250 per axle... Doesn't have to be out of the jeep.

Where are you located? I have the ring and pinion sets (D30 and Chrysler 8.25) with master rebuild kits. I was going to do it myself but for $250 and axle it might be worth it to have you do it. I am located off I-85 North in Jackson County. I don't mind driving a little bit if it is not too far.

Back