• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rim Rental: Am I behind the times?

tbburg

NAXJA Forum User
Possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen: Saw a guy on the property where I work re-possessing rims and tires from one of the residents vehicles. The truck had these guy's logo on it: http://www.rentawheel.com/index.html. So now the rent-to-own furniture scam has infiltrated the tire market? Maybe I'm living under a rock, but I've never heard of this before now. I've heard of conventionally financing a tire package(thought it was dumb, but I've heard of it)

Any thoughts? :dunno:

How else do you think people afford dubs for their 79 Monte Carlo?

ya, I live in Charlotte NC, and those places are everywhere. On Tryon St (the north end) we have a little 7-11 convenience store that rents and sells wheels. On the side of the store they do mechanic work...actually quite funny if you ask me

there is a place like that around here. i though the same. WTF

i was thinkin about goin to one of these places and renting some 39.5s for the winter:firedevil

A guy I know at work did this, you can just make payments and if you pay it off before a certain time it doesn't cost too much more. But if you make the minimum payments you pay at least double.

I think its dumb.

A guy I know at work did this, you can just make payments and if you pay it off before a certain time it doesn't cost too much more. But if you make the minimum payments you pay at least double.
So just like a CC really. If you're smart enough to understand it you probably won't need it, so they market it to people who aren't smart enough to understand it,....
:banghead:
tires dammit lol
:D

Too bad I've never seen anybody "Donk" an XJ before.

More hilarity:

Turns out, when they repoed the rims, they left the truck sitting ON the stock wheels.(wheels sitting flat on the ground) Apparently, they own the lug nuts too. :D

More hilarity:

Turns out, when they repoed the rims, they left the truck sitting ON the stock wheels.(wheels sitting flat on the ground) Apparently, they own the lug nuts too. :D
There's one in the Nashville area. When they repo your wheels, the owner goes along with a gun. They but the car on blocks to get there jacks out, then use a tow strap to pull the blocks out.

Wow,.. high class outfit. Intentionally damage the rotors/drums/spindles/etc. Way too hard to set the car down gently on the rotor edge, or bring along some scraps of lumber. I can see why they carry a gun,... they'd need it.

Hmmm

Thinkin a nice set of 36" Irocs. and i'll park my rig in the garage.. since its a trail only rig, the garage door is rarely open.

Back