• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Repairing my vinyl floor

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
99 XJ with vinyl flooring. Has a large crack, about 14 inches long in the drivers side floor plan.

What's the best way to repair this? I don't want water to leak under it and get trapped between the vinyl and the floor plan to cause rust.

All I can think of is black duct tape. Any better methods out there?

I used duct tape on mine. Quadratec sells replacement vinyl floors if you want to spend the money. I eventually got one. It wasn't a perfect fit, but I made it work fine.

The best thing to do would be to go to Quadratec and get a set of their ultimate floor liners and forget about the crack in the floormat itself. https://www.quadratec.com/products/14254_7001_07.htm

140090-lg.jpg

If you have an inconspicuous area you can play with the vinyl, you could try using a soldering iron to melt it back together.

Or if the cracked material is standing up, get a little planer and shave the crack down flush. Cover it with some black Quad or other type of caulk that sets up relatively hard.

The best repair is going to be to replace the whole floormat.

Back