• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix repair time record!!!! LOL

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
I just broke my own record for fixing a no start Jeep, LOL. 87 Renix Jeep Wagoneer died at the stop light, and all the tools were in my other jeep including the flash light (It was already night time), 2 blocks away........

The MAP sensor vacuum connection at the throttle body puked itself out when the jeep died. I reconnected it, tried to start it, but I think I must have flooded it by then, so I went on a quest to find the real culprit. I checked the CPS voltage (new CPS) and it was a nice .58 volts, Checked the spark (at first I did not see or hear it, but I rechecked once I had a screw driver, after checking the rotor and cap and I had spark, checked the fuel at the fuel rail, OK, checked for the fuel pump running sound when switched to on (no crank), at first I could not hear it (too much traffic noise), but I heard it later so it checked out, ........and after some cranking at WOT, it fired up and I drove it home!!! I am hoping it was just the MAP sensor loosing the vacuum line, and me flooding it trying to restart it.

Took all of ten minutes to get it running!!!:laugh3: I am a happy camper again!!!

Last edited:
Back