• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix 4.0 Runner

RKTJeep

NAXJA Forum User
A couple months ago i inquired about having an engine rebuilt for my 88 MJ, and you guys pointed me to Burts Automotive in Colorado Springs. Things went smoothly and the newly rebuild HO engine is being installed at a shop in Old Colorado City.

I wanted to offer up the renix 4.0 that came out of the truck. The motor has about 115K on it doesn't burn noticeable amounts of oil or leak any coolant. The truck ran prior to the swap. The reason I'm replacing it is because it did have a tick or knock once it got up to temp and the oil pressure dropped. Cold startup the noise was not noticeable, but once the oil warmed up and the pressure dropped to <40 at idle, the noise became noticeable. This would definitely be a rebuildable engine for someone.

I only have storage available in a 10x10 storage unit that i'm already trying to downsize. I'm willing to strike up a deal with anyone for cash or possible parts for the MJ.

Parts i'm interested in, 97+ XJ front-end body parts, 97+ XJ interior panels, working/rebuildable AX-15 (willing to add cash to make a fair trade).

Just let me know if you're interested. I'd like to to help out any of the local guys if i can. And i'm guessing the shop will want me to take the engine with me when i pick up the truck early next week.

James

Back